So Is This Like, A Legit Thing?

Chloe

It's been one week since the night of the party. Today, Chloe is finally leaving the hospital. It would've been sooner, but Ian and Mickey needed some time to sort out a few things. Chloe sighs as she uses her one good hand to get out of bed and grab her dufflebag. Even though she is under strict order to wait for Ian to come back to her room and help her, Chloe grabs her crutches and uses them to slowly hop over to the door where her dufflebag still sits.

She blows a piece of hair out of her face as she looks at her bag with a puzzled expression. How is she going to safely lean over and pick up her bag without hurting herself? She decides to leave one crutch to lean against the wall so she can bend down a little easier to grab the bag. As she goes to make her first attempt, Mickey walks in.

"Ay, what'd Ian say?" He asks, grabbing Chloe's arms gently, pulling her back up to a stance.

"To stay in bed." She answers quietly, looking down at her bag.

"Right. So why are you out of it?" Mickey questions again, passing her her crutch and helping her back over to the bed. Chloe takes a seat, and Mickey grabs her bag for her, slinging it over his shoulder.

"I have a broken leg and wrist. That doesn't mean I have to be lazy and let other people do all the work for me." Chloe admits, getting up off he bed again. Mickey gives her a "really?" Type of look, though he just shakes his head, knowing damn well he'd act the same way in her shoes.

"Sure, but a broken leg and wrist is a pretty good excuse to make your new, uh, gardians your bitch." Mickey laughs, slightly raising his voice at gardians, not knowing what to call himself yet. Chloe smirks up at him.

"That is true." She smiles at Mickey, and he smiles back but quickly drops it, remembering that he isn't supposed to like this whole "parenting" idea.

"Come on, Ian's waiting downstairs." Mickey slowly walks by Chloe, making sure she doesn't fall on her face or anything as they make their way over to the elevator. It's a lot more difficult to use crutches when your one hand can't really grab onto it. Soon enough, they make it downstairs and over to the vehicle. Mickey throws Chloe's bag in the trunk before helping Chloe get situated in the back seat.

"Hey, Clo." Ian smiles, looking at Chloe through the rear-view mirror.

"Hey." She smiles back. Mickey gets in the passenger side, and Ian drives off. Chloe looks out the window, watching the city zoom by. She takes out her new Samsung that Abi helped her buy and takes out a pair of earbuds. She puts them in her ear and finds a Spotify playlist that goes best with what she feels right now. She hits shuffle, and the first song in que is No Surprises, by Radiohead. Perfect fit.

As Chloe watches life go by through the window, she realizes that she recognizes the area. Ian makes a right turn into an apartment complex.

"Is this the place with the dog in a diaper?" She asks, looking over towards Ian and Mickey. Mickey laughs.

"Unfortunately, yeah."

"Why is it in a diaper?"

"Apparently, dogs have periods." Mickey shakes his head, disappointed that rich people are this crazy. Chloe gives a "Huh." In response, continuing to look out the window. When Ian parks, he gets out and helps Chloe stand while Mickey grabs her stuff, which isn't much considering the amount of moving she's done. Not many things seem valuable enough for her to keep.

Chloe slowly hops her way over to another elevator, and a new song now plays. I Can't Handle Change by Roar. Chloe shakes her head slightly, happy that the song still matches the vibe. Ian opens the door to their apartment, and Mickey shows Chloe the way to the guest room, which is in the same hallway as Ian and Mickey's room.