It Better Not Be a Dog

Mickey

*Time skip to 6:25pm*

Mickey is currently a full blown mess. He's freaking out over quite literally nothing. He thinks that the picture frame is some huge make or break deal, when really it's just an image of their special day hung up above their bed. Mickey is afraid Ian will know something is not quite right. Mickey is sad, hurt, and a little frustrated that Ian's rare day off was spent not with him. He's also afraid that Ian decided to take the night shift.

As Mickey wipes some sweat that's started to bead on his forehead with his sleeve, he walks over to the window for the hundredth time, fingers in his mouth with anticipation. To his surprise, the hundredth time's the charm for Mickey because he finally spots his husband going up the walkway towards their complex.

Mickey's breath hitches as he quickly pulls his phone out from his pocket and goes to text Sherry.

Me: He's here!! I think should take the picture down man.

Sherry🍒: NOOO!! HE'S GONNA LOVE IT JUST SAY WHAT WE PRACTICED!! everything's going to be fine. Just breathe.

Me: Ya like that'll help.

Ian's keys begin to jiggle in the keyhole and Mickey's heart stops only for a second.

Me: okay gtg now I'll fill you in later. Maybe..

Sherry🍒: YOU BETTER!!

And with that, Mickey shuts off his phone, puts it back in his pocket, and smiles widely trying to act subtle. He's failing terribly so far.

"Hey, Ian!" Mickey says enthusiastically. It causes Ian's head to turn up quickly, confusion all over Ian's face. He thinks they're not on speaking terms.

"Hey?" Is all Ian says before shutting the door behind him and throwing his keys on the island in their kitchen.

"Dinner's in the microwave." Mickey says, walking over to Ian. Ian's one eyebrow cocks up, not understanding the sudden happy mood coming from his husband. Mickey ignores it and wraps his hands around Ian's neck, holding them there for a second.

He just looks into Ian's eyes, heart racing with the picture of them above their bed being the only thing on his mind. He shuts up his thoughts by pulling Ian down into a kiss. Ian kisses back with a surprised hum getting swallowed by Mickey's mouth.

"What's with the sudden change of attitude?" Ian smiles, pulling away from his husband. Mickey draws back and watches as Ian goes to grab his awaiting meal.

"Well our argument was hours ago, Ian."

"Well yeah but you usually hold a grudge for at least a day or two. What's different this time?" Ian questions, shoving a big piece of pork chop into his mouth.

"I dunno. Is a Milkovich not allowed to evolve?"

"Not if he's gonna start goin soft on me now." Ian smirks, dragging another piece of his pork chop into his mouth. Mickey flips him off and walks over to the fridge, grabbing a beer out of it.

He starts downing his bottle of beer, still nervous about the surprise in the bedroom, while continuing to watch Ian eat.

"Whatchu eyein up my food for, huh? You already ate by the looks of it." Ian asks, pulling his plate closer towards him to ensure Mickey doesn't try to steal his food.