Goodnight Gallavich

Mickey

"Fuck today's slow as shit." Mickey complains, taking a swig of his beer. Tommy and Kermit are sitting in their usual seats when Tommy speaks up.

"Well it is a week day."

"And it's early in the afternoon. Wouldn't expect much customers at this time." Kermit adds. Mickey's eyes dart towards the two lazy asses and glares at them.

"Well things better pick up soon. Ian's been on my ass for so much expensive shit lately." Mickey grumbles, taking another sip of his beer. Sherry makes her way back to behind the counter with mickey after finishing washing all the Alibi's tables.

"Yeah, his latest expensive want being a baby!" She laughs. All three men's eyes widen. Tommy and kermit's for being surprised about Ian wanting a baby and Mickey's for being surprised that Sherry would even bring up the subject in front of the two lazy asses.

"Ian wants a baby?" Tommy questions, eyebrows raised as he now drinks his beer.

"Yeah. Don't know why? He's taken care of Yev before, they're so much fuckin work." Mickey complains, lighting up a cigarette and taking a drag from it. He's trying to play "cool tough guy" to hide the real reason as to why he doesn't want kids.

"Well, yeah, but all the good moments make up for the bad ones." Kermit chimes in. Mickey glares at him again before rolling his eyes.

"Jesus christ, what are you? Some lame ass soccer mom telling her son who fuckin sucks ass at the sport to keep goin?" Mickey chuckles at his own statement, taking a longer drag of his cigarette this time.

"I thought it was a good statement.." kermit's voice gets hushed down to a soft whisper. Tommy just pats his shoulder as a way to comfort him, telling him it was good and that Mickey is just a jerk. Mickey rolls his eyes at them and decides to take out his phone.

Once he unlocks it, he notices Ian had texted him. It's one long paragraph about his whole adventure, and Mickey reads the whole thing. "Shit." Mickey mumbled under his breath after reading the part where Ian said his meds are off balance. Sherry looks at him with confused eyes, and Mickey just shakes his head, looking down at his screen again. He feels he doesn't owe her any explanation. She isn't family or anything. Mickey doesn't even know if Sherry knows that Ian is bi-polar.

Mickey shuts his phone off, setting it down on the counter and tapping his fingers against the countertop, thinking of what to do next. The last time Ian was off his meds, he was with some twink who clearly knew nothing about Ian's disease, which caused him to go off his meds, call himself "Gay Jesus," blow up a van, and wind up going to jail twice for the whole situation. If Mickey were there, things definitely would have been different. At least, that's what Mickey thinks.

"Hey, you good Mickey? Something bothering you?" Tommy looks at Mickey with a little concern for him.

"Uh, yeah. I'm just gonna go home for a minute. Don't burn the place down." Mickey says, walking off towards the front doors before Sherry stops him.

"Hey, what if it starts to get busy in here?" Mickey looks at her, brows furrowed. He tries to walk around Sherry, but she just keeps getting in his way.

"Fucking christ, Sherry. If it gets busy then fuckin serve people faster." Sherry just looks at him like he's crazy. "Holy fuck. Look, it's 2 in the afternoon. Most people have a 9-5 job.  I'll be back before rush hour." Sherry seems to relax but doesn't move and gives Mickey a look. He knows what she wants, and he rolls his eyes, sighing. "Okay, okay! I fucking promise, alright? Now, can I go check on my husband, please?" Mickey's eyebrows are now raised, and Sherry finally looks pleased. She walks back to the only two customers they have at the moment, and Mickey rolls his eyes, walking out of the building.