I Love You Too, Firecrotch

Mickey

Rubbing his eyes, Mickey awakens. The strange thing about this is that he's up before his husband. Mickey grabs his phone from his bedside table. 10:34am. Mickey just woke up, still tired from last nights activities.

Mickey rolls over so that he is now facing the right side of the bed. He finds it to be empty, so with a sigh, Mickey decides to get up and ready for the day. A certain smell catches Mickeys attention right away. It's bacon. Mickey walks into the kitchen only to be met with a dancing Ian.

"Morning." Mickey says, throat still hoarse from last night. Ian jumps and quickly turns around.

"Ugh." 'Wow, well sorry I wasn't fuckin Nick Jonas or something but you could at least say good morning to me!' Mickey thinks to himself, stunned by his husband's reply.

"Ugh? That's all I get, an ugh?" He questions Ian, sounding more offended than he really is.

"Sorry. I didn't mean it in a bad way, I was just wanting to surprise you with some breakfast in bed." Ian explains. Mickey raises his eyebrows, skeptical.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, really."

"What's the occasion?"

"No occasion. Can't a husband make the love of his life some breakfast in bed if he wants to?" Mickey takes that as a sign of Ian wanting something.

"What do you want?" He asks, not believing a word that comes out of Ians mouth. He sighs in defeat, causing Mickey to smile, knowing that he's just won.

"Liam insists that we hold a funeral for Frank, and no one really wants to say no to our little brother, so..." Ian drags on the word,"so" waiting for Mickey's response.

"Fuck that, Ian! We didn't hold a funeral for Terry, why should we hold one for Frank?" Ian thinks for a moment, then turns back to the pan on the stove, flipping some bacon over to the other side.

"Well you didn't have a sibling that desperately wanted to have a funeral for Terry. And besides, I think it'd be good to have a funeral for Frank. That way we could see Fiona again, catch up on shit, and I dunno, it could give some people some closure." Ian shrugs. Mickey rolls his eyes. 'Who needs fucking closure? Closures for pussies.' Mickey wants to say, but decides it's best not to.

"How'd Liam even tell you he wanted a funeral? I don't see him here right now?"

"On the family group chat, dumbass." Ian pulls out his phone and opens the group chat, showing Mickey Liam's texts.

"Well, how come I'm not in it?" Mickey raises a brow at him. His brows now furrow when he looks through all the names in the list of people in the group chat. Sure enough, Mickey's not listed.

"That's weird. I thought you were?" Ian shrugs again, adding Mickey's number to the list. Wow, how thoughtful of him. "So, will you come to the funeral with me? It'll be on Wednesday, the twenty-fifth." Mickey sighs. He can never say no to his man.

When he agrees, Ian smiles at him and hands him his breakfast bribe. He must've really wanted Mickey to go to Frank's funeral. There's eggs, bacon, toast, and fruit. Fancy.

•~•Time Skip to Wednesday•~•

Ian

It's the day of the funeral. As Ian ties his black tie, he looks at the clock. 1:17pm. The funeral starts at 2pm, giving the boys lots of time to get ready. Suddenly, Ian hears the doorbell ring and Mickey yelling that he'll get it soon after. Ian finishes up with his tie and goes to join Mickey and whoever else is at the door.