𝖑𝖛𝖎. the enigmatic being of draco malfoy

chapter fifty-six

chapter fifty-six.
( the enigmatic being of draco malfoy )

              FRANKLY, ASCELLA BLACK DIDN'T CARE FOR Dumbledore's odd, disappearing acts

              FRANKLY, ASCELLA BLACK DIDN'T CARE FOR Dumbledore's odd, disappearing acts. Sure it was peculiar, how they'd only ever seen him twice of the span of a couple of weeks, but Ascella would be grateful if she never saw the older man again. Sure, she loathed him, and thought he was just as bad as the Dark Lord everybody was terribly frightened of, but had he forgotten about the lessons he was supposed to be giving to her and Harry? Honestly, his time management skills were not at all good.

              Halfway through October came their first trip of the term to Hogsmeade. Ascella had wondered whether these trips would still be allowed, given the increasingly tight security measures around the school, but was pleased to know that they were going ahead; it was always good to get out of the castle grounds for a few hours.

              Ascella woke early, and she was grateful to do so, given that she could be the first in the shower, as Lavender always seemed to use up all the hot water. Once she had returned and gotten herself dressed for the day, Hermione was ready too, and they both headed for the Great Hall, their rumbling stomachs a signifier to their hunger and eagerness.

              ". . . and then there was another flash of light and I landed on the bed again!" Ron grinned, helping himself to sausages. Ascella listened intently to the story Ron had told them — one of Harry finding another spell in the Half-Blood Prince's textbook, one that made Ron dangle upside-down for a few moments, before Harry had used the counter-spell.

              Ascella wasn't sure what to think of the Prince. Sure, they were brilliant at Potions, but there seemed to be something eery emitted from the book, almost as if traces of Dark Magic lingered, only those who knew how to identify it would be able to notice.

              Hermione had not cracked a smile during this anecdote, and now turned an expression of wintry disapproval upon Harry. "Was this spell, by any chance, another one from that potion book of yours?" she asked.