The Letters

The last few days were rough, with Nos trying to play spiritual middleman between the rest of the party and the spirit inside of the bar. Over the time, it wasn't a bad, more annoying as they had to work to try and find what the restless spirit wanted. With much annoyance and a time consuming but easy to repeat method, Nos held the letter that was made to communicate with the living.

"When you said you had a highly sophisticated and complex ritual for communing with the dead, I did not expect this." Lufaren said, looking at the paper with the human elven and dwarven alphabets on them with a smooth rolling stick on it.

"I apologize that my ability to speak with ghosts is not to your liking, maybe you can get off your donkey and actually do this instead." Nos said in a restrained voice.

"I am the prior owner of the establishment, my name if Lif, I would like for you to run my tavern again, if you do, I will be happy, If you do not, I will be a hinderance. It was my life's work and I would like to see it once more." Nos read.

"So he wants us to run his tavern again. I always wanted to run a tavern, this could be so much fun!" Oldia said, smiling as she looked around at the rest of the group, who looked more.....doubtful.

"Lif, we do not have any intentions of running a tavern from here, we are going to use this as a base of operations in this city. You will not be a disturbance or else I shall have the cleric associate force your spirit to move on." Lufaren stated.

"Just because you said that, I ain't going to do it now." Nos said.

Oldia and Latran laughed, as Coleil groaned and shook her head. Foluni simply chuckle. Lufaren looked at Nos, before he grabbed the mask he wore and removed it, looking the Cleric directly in the eye, as they pair glared at each other.

"A spirit will rest only when it finds peace, I can not make one find peace in destruction, that may just turn it into a wraith or a specter." Nos stated.

The stick began to roll, going back and forth, as Nos began to transcribe what was being told to him, letter by letter. Eventually, after a few minutes, Nos looked at the letter.

"Wizard, I hope that you do not mind, but you did burn the Hag's books, I am glad, but you emanate an air of fated arrogance. Not all things can be controlled." 

Lufaren scoffed and walked to the bar, and looked over it.

"Lif, you worked so hard to have your dream, but in the end it failed. Your fate was destined to fail. It is best your pain is accepted and you move on." He said, as the tip of his finger began to glow and he placed it down, burning the wood as he traced his finger on the bar.

"Built by Lif, bartender, my he be remembered." was written on the bar.

Everyone waited, looking around, waiting for the stick to move.

"Lif....if you need to talk, We will leave the paper and stick out, and we can get a bell, for you to ring." Oldia said.

Over the few days, more cleaning was done, and some supplies brought in, before a few letters were brought in.

Letters that had symbols that most of the group knew, the Lords Alliance, the Emerald Enclave, the Order of the Gauntlet and the Harpers.

"These are quite famous groups. It's best if we handle each mission with care. I believe we need to carefully consider each option, the Lords can not be refused obviously, and asked for me specifically. The Harpers can maybe wait just a bit, asking for us as a collective, the Enclave directly asked for Oldia and Latran, and the Order has asked for Nos." Coleil explained.

"So... We split up to deal with each request." Nos asked.

"I shall take Foluni to meet with the harpers, The rest of us can split up and deal with each mission." Lufaren said.

As the group took each letter reading it. However.....there was an additional Letter. Coleil picked it up, seeing the crest of her family. 

Opening it up, she read it.

"From the Family Head of the Cossa Family, residence of Neverwinter

Coleil, I am sorry to inform you of the passing of your elder brother, the 4th in line, has passed, in his delivery of a repayment to the Noblemark family of Balder's Gate. We have also been informed that the payment was stolen by pirates. 

As accordance to the rule, your position in the family has risen in succession, placing you 5th in line for the inheritance of the Cossa Family. We congratulate you on this advancement. 

There was also been some word that has traveled quite far, that you have worked with the famous Volothamp Geddarm, and have acquired a property in Waterdeep. There has been some issues, having increased Hostilities with the Noblemark family, we suspect they believe the death of your fiancé, Barros Noblemark, was a purposeful murder, however we understand that the drink that was poisoned was a Noblemark wine, and it was clear it was their attempt to poison you.

We hope that you will be able to end the hostility, as we plan to begin running trade from Never Winter to Waterdeep, in order to rebuild the wealth. You're to ensure we secure the contracts on your end.

From,
Patriarch of the Cossa Family
Galvar Cossa, Sea borne tradesmen."

Coleil folded the letter and put it in her coat, before she walked out of the door, moving rather quickly out and to the answer the Lord's Alliance invitation, she would need to look for the various popular taverns, like the yawning portal.

Foluni was given a rather nice set of clothes, as she left with Lufaren, as they went to the Lightsinger Theater. Oldia and Latran went to the Phaulkonmere, while Nos would go to the Temple of Tyr.