6 | This Is Jureumi

(A/N: An Image of Lee Know's artistic masterpiece named Jureumi is attached above.)

Choi Iseul

I felt really bad for laughing. Believe me, I really did. But the look on Minho's face after Hyunjin told him that we had to draw was priceless. It was as if someone threw a bucket of water at his face.

He opened his mouth to say something, but quickly shut it, coming to sit on a seat on the opposite side of the table.

"You can start drawing now!" Seonhui, the student representative of the club spoke up.

I didn't really put much thought into what I was going to draw and decided to make a simple flower field.

I took a peak at Hyunjin's page and saw that he was drawing a funny cartoon of a puppy, chicken, rabbit, wolf, squirrel, ferret, fox and...was that a pig? I don't know.

I was done with my drawing in a few minutes. Some of the people were still drawing. My eyes suddenly went towards Minho, who looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here. Soon, he was done with his drawing too. I was curious about what he drew.

After a few minutes, everyone was told to show their drawings.

Everyone showed their drawings one by one and soon it was my turn.

"Wow.."

"That's amazing!"

"I can't believe you drew it in such a short amount of time!"

The responses of other students somehow made me blush. I wasn't really good at taking compliments it seems, as Eunseol put it.

Soon it was Minho's turn, and he very confidently showed his drawing to all of us.

Silence.

There was utter silence in the room for a few seconds, until Minho spoke up.

"This is Jureumi."

After that, the entire room burst into laughter. The stick figure that Minho drew was hilarious.

Hyunjin was the one who was laughing the most.

"Not Jureumi again," I heard him mutter under his breath as he was laughing.

"Who's Jureumi?" I asked him, now very curious.

Hyunjin only laughed at my question.

"That was an amazing joke, Minho. Now show us your real drawing!" One of the boys from our class spoke up.

"This is my real drawing." Minho stated, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Soon everyone stopped laughing and were now staring at him.

"Wait... It wasn't a joke just to make us all laugh?" Seonhui asked.

"No, why would I do that?" He replied.

"So you mean to say that... You can't draw?" Another person asked.

Minho nodded at his words.

Soon, Hyunjin spoke up after he finally calmed down.

"I'm sorry, I should've warned you all beforehand." He said. "Minho here isn't that good at drawing yet."

"Then why did you join the arts club?" Asked Seonhui.

"Because I was curious. I wanted to learn more about it." Said Minho, directly looking in my eyes as he answered Seonhui's question.

For some reason, his words created an unfamiliar sensation in the pit of my stomach.