17 | Upcoming Storm

A/N: A note to my dearest, sweetest silent readers. I know you guys are there, and if you've come as far as opening and reading my works, might as well leave a vote? This is a free platform and it's not like I'm asking you to pay or anything, just asking to click on that cute little orange star.

Your votes really keep a writer motivated, and it even helps with the algorithm so that more people find this book. Call me shameless for asking for votes, I don't care. I'm working hard for this book and the least you can do to support me is vote; not even comment. I hope you guys understand

***

Choi Iseul

"Good evening ma'am," I said, bowing deeply. I had a feeling that I had seen her somewhere before, but I decided to shrug it off.

"We saw your requirement for new employees. We wanted to apply for a job." Minho butted in.

"Hey! I can talk." I whisper-scolded him.

The woman frowned for a moment, looking at Minho, who was standing behind me in confusion.

I felt Minho vigorously nod his head from behind me.

"What are you doing?" I whisper-scolded him again. But as I turned to look at him, he had a wide smile, with his eyes wide open. It was as if someone had slammed that expression on his face.

"Ah, you wanted to apply for a job as a waitress?" The woman asked.

"Yes, that's right!" Said Minho. I mentally grimaced. What was wrong with him today?

"Alright." Said the woman.

"Huh?"

"You're accepted." She said, as if it was the most casual thing in the world.

"Just like that?" I questioned.

"Just like that."

I looked at Minho in excitement. He was smiling at me, mouthing a little congratulations.

"Here. Sign these papers when you've read them." The manager said and left us alone.

As I was going through the papers, my eyes almost bulged out of their sockets for the second time that day.

"20,000 Won an hour?" I almost screamed.

"Is there something wrong with it?" Minho asked, looking confused.

"No... It's just, almost three times of what I'm currently paid." I said, trying to hold back my excitement.

I quickly signed the papers without any further thoughts and informed the manager on our way out.

She turned out to be a really kind lady in the end.

"Oh wait. I didn't catch your name." She said.

"It's Choi Iseul!" I told her. "Thank you so much!" I bowed deeply.

"Choi Iseul, huh?" She muttered.

"Alright, let's go Iseul!" Said Minho before we could talk further, immediately pulling me by arm.

But I guess we weren't getting out of that restaurant that quickly.

"So, will you be working here now?" The waitress who served us before came in our way.

"Yeah. I'm starting tomorrow." I told her, passing her a smile. She stared at me for a while, but then immediately broke into a wide grin.

"I'm Lee Minji! I hope we get along!" She said brightly.