15 | Kidnapped

Choi Iseul

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Came a very familiar and angry voice of Minho. He held the man's hand before it hit me, and now was holding his arm.

What is he doing here?

"And who are you?" The rude man questioned, looking pissed off.

"That doesn't matter. You do realise that you were about a hit a minor in a public place? Pretty sure it's considered harrasment and is illegal." He said, having an expression which I had never seen on his face before. He looked like he was barely holding himself back from punching the man's face.

It was intimidating.

The man looked a little flustered, but he didn't seem to be the type to back off easily.

"What kind of bullshit is that? This bitch here clearly ruined my shirt and has to pay for it-"

Before the man could finish his sentence, Minho's fist met with his jaw.

"Minho!" I spoke up, scared of what was happening. I immediately went to his side and held his arm to restrain him.

"What the fuck?" Roared the man, coming at Minho. But before he could do anything, Mr Jeon and the guard held back his arms.

"Let go of me, you bastards!" He shouted, trying to fight off the two man holding him.

"I will not let a person like you create and more nuisance in my restaurant and mistreat my employees anymore!" Shouted Mr Jeon, looking angry as well.

And just like that, the rude customer was escorted out.

"What was that all about?" I demanded, taking Minho to a secluded corner, away from prying eyes of other people. "You didn't have to do that!"

"What do you mean? Did you hear how he was talking to you?" Minho said in disbelief.

"I could've gotten fired!" I shot back.

"Who cares about that? Not working anywhere is better than working in a place like this." He said, looking annoyed.

"I do. I care. Don't interfere in things you have no business with, Minho." I said, my voice getting cold all of a sudden.

His expression immediately changed into that of hurt. Before he could reply, however, another voice spoke up.

"Um, Minho?" Yuna said, hesitantly approaching us.

"Yeah?" Said Minho, looking glum.

"Are you alright?" She questioned, coming to look at him. "Also Iseul, are you fine?"

"Yeah." The two of us said at the same time.

The three of us stood in an awkward silence for a while, both me and Minho refusing to talk.

"Let's go, Yuna. My help wasn't needed here." Minho said suddenly, breaking the silence and dragging Yuna with him.

Yuna looked at my sympathetically as she was taken away by Minho. She mouthed a sorry in my direction, to which I replied with a nod.

That was when I realised that the two of them were here alone.

Why?

No, that's none of my business. I scolded myself, ignoring the weird uneasiness that I was feeling upon looking at the two.

With a sigh, I approached the break room. I was about to resume my shift, but manager Jeon forced me to go back home.

"Mr Jeon, I can't afford skipping a single day." I bargained.