11 | Thief

Choi Iseul

"Yes! I had been waiting for this." Eunseol squealed as the bottle turned in my direction.

I didn't know what to choose. Both options were dangerous.

Truth? No way.

But dare? It was even worse. These people had no mercy. I realised that when they made poor Changbin act like a pig for twenty minutes.

I just sticked to truth.

"I'll ask." Minho volunteered.

The pit in my stomach was increasing with every passing second. He was looking at me intently, as if searching for something.

"Who's the one person you can never forgive?" He asked, directly looking into my eyes.

My breath hitched in my throat. That question, it was just a coincidence, right? He couldn't have known. He can never know.

I wanted to lie. I didn't want to answer the truth. But Minho was looking at me with so much intensity in his gaze that I just knew he would find out if I lied.

"Hurry up!" Hyunjin said.

I was stuck. I didn't know what to say. I tried reading Minho's face, but he was wearing a neutral expression which was hard to read.

There was no escaping this, or was there? I don't think so. Besides, everyone would get suspicious if I delayed for too long.

"My father." I said, deciding to say the truth. They couldn't possibly find out with just that much of information... Right?

"Oh... I'm sorry," Hyunjin muttered.

"Don't be, I don't mind." I said, having a forced smile on my face.

Everyone soon grew silent. Maybe they sensed my discomfort. Minho was the only one who wasn't looking shocked. He was still having that neutral expression.

It was scaring me.

Eunseol broke the awkward silence, spinning the bottle again.

The game resumed just like before, but this time I couldn't focus. I needed to get out of there. I frequently caught Minho looking at me, and I was getting more and more restless.

He couldn't have found out. He doesn't know. He can never know.

I couldn't stand being in that place anymore. I abruptly stood up, excusing myself. Many people asked what was wrong, and I just told them I was feeling sick.

Which was partly true.

I made my way towards the bathroom, shutting the door the moment I entered. I took in my reflection in the mirror as I stood there.

My eyes were wide open. I looked scared.

I quickly splashed some water on my face, hoping to wipe that look of fear from my eyes.

Minho can't find out. No one can. I don't want the past to repeat itself.

I guess I spent a long time there because I soon heard a knock on the door.

"Iseul? Is everything alright?" Eunseol asked from the other side, her voice laced with concern.

"Yeah! I'm good. Just feeling a little sick." I said, proud of myself for keeping my voice steady.

"How long are you gonna take?" She asked.

"Ten minutes." I answered.

I ended up taking longer than ten minutes, but still returned to the living room nevertheless.