22 | Don't Run Away

Choi Iseul

"Go girls! You can do it!" Chan cheered from behind as we took our positions.

"Bring out your inner witch Eunseol!" Jeongin shouted, earning a glare from Eunseol.

"Ready?" Chaeryoung asked as we steadied our grip on the rope.

Yup, we were in an intense match of tug of war. This was the final round and we had somehow made it. Our victory would decide our fate today.

"I told you guys to join the gym! Would've come in handy." I heard Changbin say.

"1...2...and 3!" Mingyu blew his whistle and we immediately began pulling the rope.

Eunseol was in the front, then stood Chaeryoung, me and Yuna.

Against us were Soyeon, Yuqi, Shuhua and Miyeon.

"Harder!" Yuqi screamed. The rope was tugged forcefully and our team almost lost balance.

I put my everything into the round, digging my feet into the ground as firmly as I could.

"Win this and I'll give you loads of sweets!" Hyunjin shouted in our direction.

The seemed to do something to our team.

"Keep your promise Jinnie!" Yuna roared, pulling the rope harder.

Mention of sweets seemed to awaken Eunseol as well.

"Dance monkeys!" We all screamed together one last time as we tugged at the rope as hard as we could. The other four soon came stumbling in our direction.

"We did it!" Chaer said excitedly as we realised that we won.

My arms were aching, but still I jumped up in excitement with the others.

"Well done!" Seungmin cheered.

"Congratulations!" Yeonjun came towards us, handing us all towels. "You girls are amazing."

"Heh. We know." Yuna grinned, flipping her hair and making everyone laugh.

"We get to go for trekking!" Yeonjun announced. "Get ready in an hour guys."

"Yay!" We all passed wide smiled to each other, getting more excited as the time passed.

"Let's meet up in 40 minutes right here!" Chan announced.

"Okay!"

And with that, we went back to our respective rooms.

***

"I fucking hate this." Eunseol groaned, pausing to catch her breath.

"Eun, language." Chan warned, passing her a not-so-subtle glare.

Eunseol just rolled her eyes.

"I'm tired!" She whined.

"So am I." I muttered.

We had been walking for the last two hours, only to find out that we didn't even cover half of the route.

"Should we take a break?" Yeonjun asked from ahead.

"Yes please!" Eunseol shouted.

We walked towards a decent looking part of land and placed our bags and camping equipment there.

"Tired?" Minho asked, placing his arm lightly around my shoulders.

"Yeah..." I said, passing him a tired smile.

"I didn't expect it to be so long too, honestly." He said, sitting down next to me.

"Me neither. Like, 25 kilometres? Are you kidding me?" I complained.