23 | Like White Flowers

Lee Minho

"Okay, one, two, three!" Yeonjun said as he clicked the group photograph.

Everyone made silly poses, and burst into laughter as the picture was taken.

"I'm gonna frame this once we get home." Yuna, who was sitting on a makeshift stool giggled.

"Same." Said Eunseol.

"Alright now, go and set up your camps, kids!" Mr Jong said.

After a very intense match of rock, paper and scissors, we finally decided on how all of us would be divided.

I ended up with Changbin, Jisung and Seungmin. Poor Seungmin looked like he was about to throw hands when he got paired with some of the loudest people.

"Lee Minho, if you dare to say anything weird, I'll dig your grave right here." He threatened, making me roll my eyes.

After our impeccable teamwork, the camp was set up and we were ready to laze around inside.

That was the plan until Mr Jong spoke up.

"Time for campfire! What's the point of camping when there's no campfire?" He said, earning cheers.

"Well, it sure is getting cooler as the sun sets. Doesn't sound too bad to me." Said Chan.

Mr Jong put all of us to work and sent us to look for dried wood.

"Don't get out of my sight, kids. We don't want to cause any accidents here!" Ms Kim warned us.

I looked around, trying to spot a familiar brown haired girl, and smiled widely once I spotted her.

I quickly made my way towards Iseul, ready to give her a jumpscare.

However, my plan was totally ruined when someone else called my name.

"Minho! Can you come here for a second?" Yuna asked. She was looking at me so expectantly that I couldn't deny.

But I really wanted to go with Iseul...

With a sigh, I moved towards Yuna. When I turned to look for Iseul one last time, she was already staring at me. I excitedly waved to her, but she only passed me a tight lipped smile.

Did I perhaps do something wrong?

"What do you need?" I asked Yuna as I approached her.

"Well, um... I was getting lonely so I wondered if you could give me your company..." She said.

Usually, I would've just stayed with her. But that day, I wanted to be next to Iseul for some reason. She didn't look happy earlier, and it was scaring me to think that I had done something wrong.

"I'm sorry Yuna, but I'm supposed to be helping out the others. I'll send someone else to you, though!" I said, feeling apologetic as a look of surprise came on her face. Clearly, she expected me to stay.

"It's alright," She said, gaining her composure again.

And with a quick wave, I went on my search again. Both for Iseul and the dried wood.

It didn't take me long to spot her again as she was next to a very loud Eunseol.

"Iseul! There you are!" I panted as I ran in her direction.

"Oh... Minho? What are you doing here?" She said, seeming taken aback. But her eyes lit up as I met them.

It was cute.

"Let's work together." I said.

"But... What about Yuna?" She asked uncertainly.

"What about her? I already sent Hyunjin there. Let's get to work now!" I said, nudging her shoulder.