14 | Part Time Jobs

Choi Iseul

During the next few days after I told Minho everything, the two of us came to grow pretty close. I found out that he had a weirdly good sense of humour that never failed to make me laugh.

I actually started looking forward to seeing him everyday.

The others, however, were completely surprised by the sudden change in our relationship.

We just told them that we talked one day since we were so awkward around each other, and found out how amazing the other person was.

Everyone believed us except for Eunseol. She didn't buy our lie, and eyed the two of us skeptically.

She didn't question us though.

Everyday passed normally, with all of us getting more comfortable around each other. But sadly, exams were barely two weeks away, so most of our time was spent in studying.

So right now, we were sitting in the most boring class of Maths and solving the assignment that teacher gave us.

And as you already know, I sucked at maths and was having a very hard time.

"This is disastrous." I mumbled, dropping my pen on the table and holding my head in my hands. "I won't be able to pass in maths at this rate."

"You know what? Same." Eunseol said from behind me.

"Come on, it's not that hard." Jeongin spoke up from his seat next to Eunseol's.

"He's right. This isn't even the difficult part yet." Minho agreed.

"This is not difficult, you say?" Said Eunseol, looking at the two guys in disbelief.

"No, it isn't." Said Jeongin.

"I'm not doing this." Said Eunseol, slamming her book shut.

"Kim Eunseol. What do you think you're doing?" Roared our maths teacher, making Eunseol open her book in almost a millisecond.

"Sorry ma'am!" She said, immediately hitting herself on the head. I don't even know how she managed to get hurt every two minutes.

If the word 'clumsy' would be a person, it would be Eunseol.

"Skipping is not an option, if you didn't guess already." Said Jeongin with a sigh. "Better focus on understanding it."

With a few grumbles and complains, Eunseol eventually went back to her struggle with the assignments.

I resumed as well, unaware of a certain someone sitting next to me who was looking at my work.

"Maybe," Minho began, bringing his pen towards my notepad. "If you do it this way, it will become easier. Don't you think?"

"You're right." I mumbled, crossing out the extra useless step that I wrote.

"Better." He said with a satisfied smile as I finished the problem.

And for the rest of the period, that's how things were. Whenever I got stuck, Minho explained that part to me.

I was actually starting to have fun. It wasn't really as difficult as I was imagining it to be.

"See? We're done." Said Minho, closing his books.

"You're a life saver." I said, stretching my arms as the teacher left the class.

"Bro, this is ridiculous! I literally did the same thing!" Eunseol whined from behind us.

"No, it isn't! You did it wrong, see." Said Jeongin, sounding stressed.