18 | Desperate For Gossip

Choi Iseul

Before I realised, two weeks passed and exam time was almost over. I pulled all nighters, barely getting any sleep. It only made my mood worse. But hey, it was worth it.

Math was a subject that gave me a little bit of struggle, but I somehow managed to do it.

Mostly with Minho's help.

It was the day of our last exam, and Eunseol looked like she would pass out any second.

"I'm going to fail," She said, chewing her nails.

"Relax, Eun. I'm sure you'll do great." Felix reassured her.

"That's easy for you to say! You've studied English basically your entire life." She whined. "I suck at it."

"You've worked hard. I'm sure you'll do great. Just relax." Said Jeongin.

With a nervous Eunseol constantly worrying, our group entered the classroom and sat on our respective seats.

"All the best," I whispered to Eunseol as we were handed the question paper.

She weakly nodded in my direction at turned her attention towards the inconvenience in her hands.

By the time we were done, it was already 1 pm.

"I'm failing. Let's celebrate!" Eunseol screamed as we made our way out.

"She's gone crazy, I'm telling you." Jeongin whispered in my ear.

"The exams messed with her brain." Said Changbin who overheard us.

"It's alright, she's probably trying to forget about the exams." I said with a chuckle.

Jeongin ran towards Eunseol, who was acting like she was drunk.

This girl is something else.

"How did you do?" A voice came from behind, startling me.

"Pretty good, honestly." I said, relaxing when I realised that it was Seungmin. "And you?"

"Good I guess," He said. "I don't think Minho did good though. He looks like he's ready to kill." He remarked, pointing towards a sulking Minho who was walking behind us.

"Let's cheer him up!" I said, getting a sudden motivation to lift up Minho's mood.

With a bright smile I made my way towards him, and Seungmin just followed with a shake of his head and a light chuckle.

"The last one to reach the cafe becomes the new old man!" I screamed, running in the direction of the cafe that we were headed to.

Minho looked surprised but wasted no time and participated in my silliness.

By the time we reached the cafe, all of us were out of breath.

"What... what was that for?" Eunseol asked, desperately trying to catch her breath.

"I don't know," I answered while painting.

"But hey," Hyunjin interrupted us. "Look, Chan lost."

"You're meant to be the old man." Jisung teased the poor guy.

Chan just looked at us all with a sigh.

"The oldest pays!" Minho suddenly announced.

"Seriously, why do you always want to spend my money?" Chan protested, shooting Minho a dirty glare.

"Because you're the oldest. We are your responsibility." Minho replied with a shrug, immediately heading towards a table before Chan could say anything.