No means No {SJ}

Y/N- 5

Plot- Scarlett had to do a live for the outset and you came with her but stay in another room as to not bother her. But it was raining outside which you'd been bugging your mom all day to play in which she kept saying no.

Scarlett's POV
Today i had to go into the office to do a live for the outsets tiktok account. Y/N has to come with me since she doesn't have school today and she chases all the babysitters i hired away. It was currently raining, more like pouring which was okay as long as it eased up when i had to leave.

I saw my daughter come into the living room big smile plastered on her face. " Mommy.." she sheepishly whispered. " Yes baby?" " Caniplayintherain." she asked really fast. " Slow down baby i can't understand you." She groaned and stomped her foot. " I want to play in the rainnn!" I immediately shook my head. " No Y/N your not playing out in the rain. I told you we have to leave in 20 minutes to go to the outset so that doesn't mean you get to go get soaked."

She grumbled and ran away making me roll my eyes. ' so dramatic' i thought as i chuckled to myself.

I noticed it had been awfully quite and we had to leave in 8 minutes so i went to search for my daughter and see what she's gotten into. I looked around our entire apartment and didn't see her anywhere making me worry. " Y/N where are you!" I looked around the living room before something outside caught my eye.

Y/N jumping in puddles, soaking wet, 5 minutes before we are suppose to leave!! I grumbled and opened the door. " Y/N GET YOUR BUTT INSIDE THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW YOUNG LADY WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE!" She immediately shot her head up at me voice and got wide eyed. She dashed inside and ran to her room me following her so i could get new clothes for her.

" i'm not happy with you young lady. I said no and that meant no. You now better than no disobey me." She mumbled a ' sorry mommy.' as she slipped on her new outfit. I quickly dried her hair the best i could before grabbing a jacket and umbrella. " Let's go." she followed me as i went to the car opening the umbrella.

She climbed in and buckled her seat and i closed the umbrella and her door before getting inside and starting the drive to the outset office.

Once we arrived Y/N was now in a bad mood because ' i'm a rude mommy for not letting her play in the rain.' I just rolled my eyes and continued our walk to the office. I smiled at Kate as she smiled at me and Y/N. " Hey you two! Oh your all wet Y/N!" Kate squealed after she hugged Y/N and got a whole bunch of wet hair. Y/N giggled and nodded.

" Yea sorry we are late i told her no playing in the rain as we were leaving and where did i find her 5 minutes before we had to go? In the rain." i shook my head making Kate laugh. " Oh kids! Come on Y/N let's put you in over here to color while we do our live okay?" Y/N nodded and quickly went off to go color.

I sighed and made my way to the room where we would be having the live but i could also see Y/N since it had glass windows. I greeted the others in the room before sitting on the couch and pulling out my phone. Soon Kate came back and told me that she was going to start the live.

We had been on the live answering questions for about 15 minutes now. I loved these gift things that people would send one was a cowboy hat and mustache it kept going on the picture behind me distracting me. I answered lots of questions while Kate was most likely behind camera telling me the questions she said she would stay with me but then she left. Soo..

But the live got interrupted by Y/N walking in with one of our staff members.. drenched making both me and Kate look over as we were on the couch jaws basically on the floor. Comments being spammed, ' who just walked in??' ' where's Y/N?' ' why do you look like that..' ' I love the outset!' and lots of others.

I groaned as Y/N looked down Kate told the staff member thank you before they left as Y/N just stood there. " So guys.. we have an unexpected guest don't mind that she is soaking wet i take it she was playing in the rain after i told her not too." i looked over at my daughter and motioned her over as she stood in between my legs as Kate went away again.

Lots of comments like, 'Omg she's so cute!' 'She looks so much like you??' 'You got that scary mom voice..' ' Damn this definitely isn't the first time she played in the rain today.' Kate laughed at the last comment making me look up.

She mouthed 'i'll tell you later' making her nod'. We only stayed on for about 5 more minutes before i got the wrap up and had to end the live i told all the fans and viewers bye before Kate ended it which took a while and it was awkward just starting at the camera.

I picked Y/N and turned her towards me as Kate walked out. " Y/N." I sternly said making her gulp. " What did i tell you about playing in the rain?" " Not to do it.." she mumbled. " Correct so why did you do it? Again for that matter. Do you just not care that mom said no or did you feel like disobeying me?" i really didn't know why she had to not listen, first while at home now while i'm at work.

" Mommy i just wanted to play in rain." she whined. " I know Y/N but when i tell you no, no means no. So you weren't suppose to go off and play in the rain because you wanted to it's not nice to not listen." She nods and hugs me. " I'm sorry mommy.." I smiled, I felt bad but she needs to know right from wrong and what she did was wrong. " It's okay sweet girl. come on let's go home." She nods as i pick her up walking out of the office.

Written- June 19, 2023
Published- June 19, 2023

A/N
Almost 2K views on this book and it's not even been out a month?! Thank you to everyone who reads this book and all my others :))