Rainy Birthday {SJ}

Y/N- 6

Plot- It's Y/Ns birthday, but a rain storm happens making all the birthday plans change.

Scarlett's POV

Todays was my baby's 6th birthday! i was so excited. Y/N was bouncing around on the couch happily as i checked the weather again, it wasn't suppose to rain when we had originally made her birthday plans to be outside and have a big party but today the weather popped up that a big storm was coming in..

"Y/N hunny.." I sighed as i walked over and sat beside her setting my hand on her shoulder to settle her. "Yes mama!" she giggled as she looked at me happy. "hunny there's suppose to be a big storm. I'm really sorry but we might have to move your party to tomorrow.. we can't have the petting zoo and a bounce house or your pool with severe thunderstorms and pouring rain hunny it isn't safe.." she whined unhappy as she crossed her arms.

"but mama! i'm the birthday girl! tell storms to go away!" I laughed and shook my head. "Oh my love.. it doesn't work like that or i would okay? how about we call all your friends and all mamas friends and our family and let them know the party will be tomorrow since the weather is going to be bad. and you and i can have our own little party inside today okay?"

"really?! just you and i mama!" she looked at me as i nodded. "yes please!" i smiled as i hugged her. "okay hunny! let mama go make some calls then we will get this party started okay?" she nods as i get up to go make calls.

After i had made all the calls to the avengers cast, my family, and Y/Ns friends it had started raining so Y/N sat by the window watching the rain. I walked over as i rubbed her back. "Baby all your friends will be over tomorrow okay? It will be a good day no rain!" she hugged me tightly as she sighed. "thank you mama.."

I rubbed her head. "no worries little one.. mama will do anything to make you happy. now let's get our little party set up!" she giggled as i grabbed her hand. We walked over to the kitchen as i set her on the stool. "Mama is going to cut up some things okay baby?" she nodded as i handed her a piece of candy to ear making her squeal.

I cut up some meat and cheese before putting them onto a plate. Then i got some fruit and put them on a plate. "What else should we have my love?" "Cake!.. chips, soda!" I giggled as i nodded. "okay my love if that's what my birthday girl wants that's what i'll give you!" I went and got everything pulling out her extra cake i had since i had bought two cakes. Hopefully one would be enough tomorrow..

"Okay hunny!" I smiled as i set up our table with all the food as a banner that said happy birthday with a few balloons making her smile. "mama! it's so pretty i love it!" I smiled. "thank you my love. come on let's eat then mama has a few gifts for the birthday girl.." she giggles as she sat beside me grabbing a few things as she put them on her plate.

As we ate we talked occasionally listening to the booms of thunder or seeing glimpses of lightning through the blinds. "mama..?" Y/N looked up at me as i nod. "yes?" "can we play in the rain after we open my presents? That's all i want for my birthday just to be with you! this was enough for me. i just love you" I smiled as my eyes tear up making me get up and go hug her.

"oh! your making me cry! Yes we can go play in the rain. But not till it stops lighting okay? i love you so much my little love.. i'm so very grateful for you and happy birthday." she giggles. "thank you mama. i love you too."

We eventually opened some gifts i got her not opening all so she had some for tomorrow which she was a little impatient about but she was happy about once she realized she could play in the rain now that it wasn't lighting anymore. so that's what we did we spend about an hour in the rain dance and singing to each other before Y/N started splashing and getting us more soaked.

That's when i made us go in so we would get sick and we'd have time to change before dinner. "how was your day my love? did you have a good birthday?" i questioned as i set down her wet clothes. "the best mama!" she smiled excitedly as i smiled. I'd do anything to see her smile...

Written- July 20, 2023
Published- July 20, 2023

I hit 10K views on this book! thank you so much for everybody who reads this :).

I got this idea bc i'm under a severe thunderstorm warning rn💀