Chapter 28

His People

Romari Main Road

On the road where cliffs surrounded the road as three horses rode down the road. Three people were on them as they suddenly stopped to see a scarecrow in the middle of the road. The three hopped off of their horses as they then slowly approached the figure to investigate.

"Be careful, this could be a trap,"

"Right?" A man responded. He wore a blue leather jacket with a red scarf around his neck. He also wore a pair of grey jeans and blue boots.

As they approached the figure, it poofed into smoke as the figure dashed in front of the man. Startling him as the figure turned out to be Susanoo. He swung his mace as the man brought out his Teigu and blocked it but the power of the swing was too much as he was then flung towards the sky,

"Wave!" A girl wearing a black school uniform cried out. She turned to see that a couple of more figures appeared out of the smoke as the whole of Night Raid was standing before the other two.

Najenda walked forward as she took a puff of her cigarette.

"Kurome and Bols of the Jaegers, we hereby send you to the grave," Najenda pointed at them as the two pulled out their weapons.

Kurome, the girl looked at only one person in the entire group, she was gazing at Akame and so did the latter as well.

"Big Sister,"

"Kurome,"

The tension between the two was suffocating as the air felt heavy around the two.

Kurome chuckled as she looked at the rest of Night Raid.

"You may think you have us outnumbered but..."

She brought her sword up in the air, she had a crazed look as the tip of her blade formed a black orb as it particles touched the ground, making the ground shatter as figures started to rise beneath the earth.

"You are completely mistaken."

Akame and the others braced as they saw Kurome standing on a beast that was entirely a skeleton.

Kurome looked at her older sister, "Soon, I'll have you as my collection, Big Sister,"

Akame pulled out Murasame as she took a stance, ready to take her little sister's life.

Temporary Base

At the house Lubbock was trying to keep Eri occupied but he didn't know what to do as the little girl questioned where everyone went.

Lubbock told her that they went to the city to buy some supplies. The worst thing is that he didn't know how to entertain her at all.

'Please hurry back everyone...'

Western Mountain, Imperial Camp

As the grey clouds loomed over the camp, Ivan was in his tent pacing back and forth on what to do with the escapees and Helios's daughter. He looked at the table where laid a map and a few wooden pieces scattered across the map. He looked at the map, as he scanned through it, each piece was designated to a location where there was a marking of the Revolutionary Army's camps.

Ivan looked to his side as he saw a necklace. Ivan smirked as he grabbed it and stared at it. He admired it for a bit, the glistening ruby. The lights were reflecting off of it as if it was fresh out of a shop.

Ivan was soon interrupted by his soldier as the latter burst through the tent.

"Sir, we couldn't find them anywhere, what should we do?" the soldier asked.