𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

- Avery's POV -

I stood on edge of the highest building in the city, tears staining my cheeks as they fell from my eyes, I cried, I've been standing here for 20 minutes, my phones kept buzzing, it was the same people, my mom, my brother, and my friend, they all asked the same question "Avery where are you? Please text me back" I haven't been home in 3 days, I'm tired of being there, and I'm tired of being friends with such a fake bitch. All Millie ever did was talk behind my back, she spread a rumor about me having a sex tape with her boyfriend, obviously it wasn't true because I'm not that kind of girl. I would never do that. My mom, was a druggie. My dad was an alcoholic, he passed when I was 15 due to liver problems because of the alcohol. My brother was okay, he was the only decent person in my life, but he was only 13, he didn't understand. The wind blew softly, I cried more, I wanted to do it, I was so tired of my life, I hate everything and everybody, I felt as if everybody would be better off without me in this world. I was getting ready to do it, I put a foot out like I was going to jump, the cars below me racing by, the city looked so pretty at this time of night, right as I was going to jump, and finally be in peace, I heard somebody from below me "She's going to jump!!" And another person "Somebody help her!!" I sighed. "Fuck." I mumbled to myself, the tears on my cheeks dry now, I look down and see somebody running into the building, my only thought at that moment was, "hopefully they don't come up here" I put my arms out on the side of me, feeling the breeze, it felt amazing. I closed my eyes, smiling.
I heard a voice behind me suddenly, the person sounded out of breath.
"Hey!! Don't do it! I know I don't know you, and you don't know me, but I promise you whatever this is about, it isn't worth it. Please, get down." The boy said. I turned around to see a boy with black braids, really baggy pants on and a black lip piercing, he was wearing a plain black shirt, boring. He was handsome though. Her eyes were red and puffy, tears stained her soft pink cheeks.

"Please, don't do it" the boy said again.
"This is none of your business! Just leave!" I yelled to him, I was right, it really was none of his business.
"It kind of is my business now, I'm involved and if you jump, im going to have to go after you." He said back, sounding concerned.

She scoffed and shook her head. "So if I jump, your going to jump after me?" I asked him.
"Yeah, I will." He replied back, almost immediately.
"Why, you don't even know me" I looked down into the crowd of people below me.
"I know you well enough to care about you, and be concerned for you because of what kind of situation this is."

She turned around, "You care?"
"Of course I do, now come on, get down, please?" He asked, his voice was soft, and sweet.

Just as she was going to get down, she felt herself slip, her eyes widened, she yelped, gasping when she felt a hand reach down and grab her, holding onto her as tight as possible.

"Dont worry, I've got you." The boy said.
People from below them, screaming for the girl. He pulled her up. As soon as she was high enough, he grabbed her and wrapped his arms around her waist, embracing her in a hug and taking her away from the edge. She cried. She wrapped her arms around the boy and cried into his chest, clinging to him.
He didn't let go, not until she wanted him to. He felt bad but relieved that he was able to help this girl. He felt bad because he had no idea what this girl had been through.

She cried, "I'm so sorry!!"
He rubbed her back gently, "Dont be, it's okay."
She wiped her eyes, sniffling. She looked up at him.
He smiled at her and wiped the tears on her cheeks.
"What's your name?" He asked.
"Avery, what's yours?"
"Tom." He smiled slightly

-------------------

A/N

Sorry that was a pretty short one 😞
I hope you enjoyed it!!
Have a nice day <3