Chapter Seventeen.

Freedom.

I've waited my whole life for freedom, and now is my chance to finally have it.

- Bills POV -

I followed her as long as I could, she finally stopped when she reached the bridge, my body froze when I saw her climb up onto the ledge, I was trying to tell myself to go, get her down. But I just couldn't. I felt tears well up in my eyes, I watched as she looked down at the flowing river beneath her, oh please don't do it. Please. It's not worth it. I opened my mouth to yell for her but all that came out was a squeak. My heart broke for her, my brother was an idiot, he's never known how to make a girl stay for him, he's always messed it up, and just this once he seemed to change, but apparently he didn't. He swore he loved her, she believed it and so did I. I feel so sorry for her. I love Avery, she's like my sister. She could have been my sister if Tom wasn't so hard headed. She was special to me. If I lose her it's like I'm loosing a small portion of myself as well.

I kept trying to push myself to move, to do something. But I couldn't.

My eyes filled with tears as I seen her jump, I still couldn't move, I wanted to scream for her, but Al I could do was stand there, still and crying.

- Avery's POV -

I felt my body hit the water, it hurt, felt as if I was being stabbed by needles, it stung.

It was weird, I could see myself in the water, as if I was another person looking at myself. I wasn't fighting to try and stay above the water, I was perfectly still, going wherever the current took me, I hated myself for not fighting, but I knew this is was I wanted, though I don't understand why, well I do, but I don't.

I felt mad with myself, I kept sinking, falling deeper and deeper.

In a snap, I could no longer see myself, I was looking through my own eyes, is that what death feels like? Why couldn't I stay that way? Why was I still here? I stared up at the top of the water, not wanting to move.

Then suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my chest, I couldn't breathe anymore, I knew that was the point, but why did it hurt so much? I thought it would be painless and quick, I didn't think I would suffer like this, I couldn't move, I don't know what it is, I couldn't move my body, I tried fighting, but I just kept sinking, I opened my mouth but only inhaled water, it made it worse, god why? Why? I finally was able to move my body, but I didn't go anywhere, I kicked my arms and legs, hoping to reach the surface, but it only got harder. I felt my body shutting down, my body jerked and I felt water rush into my mouth, taking over my lungs. My eyes slowly closed.

Maybe this really was the end.