Chapter 14

(Toms POV)

I was going back downstairs to apologize to Avery for the things that were said earlier, I might just be paranoid and a little too protective of her, I mean the first time I met her she was trying to kill herself by jumping off a roof, of course I was going to be protective. But Bill is my brother and maybe he loves her as a sister, I mean sometimes i see him looking at her with romance but it's hardly ever. Maybe I'm wrong, shit, I hope I'm wrong.

I walked out of my room and heard the TV on downstairs, she's probably watching a movie, as I was walking downstairs I heard a gasp, I'm guessing she's watching a scary movie, maybe I can go comfort her. I smiled to myself at the thought of being cuddled up with her, showing her affection after all the hours I've been distant and mad. I love Avery and I want to make it up to her, I didn't mean to start an argument, I want to fix it, I will fix it.

I turned the corner of the living room with a smile on my face.

Suddenly that smile was gone.

I saw my girl cuddled up to my brother, holding his hand, the hand that should be mine. She boy she should be cuddled up into. I knew it.

He was blushing, in the dark of the living room I could see the blush on his cheeks.

"of course. I was right."

I saw Avery's head snap towards me and the small smile on her face instantly fade away. My brother sat up like he was hiding something and about to plead guilty for it. What really was going on here?

I looked at bill and he looked away immediately.

Scoffing, I turned around and walked out the front door, the last thing I heard was Avery.

"Tom- Wait-"

Before I slammed the door shut.

I grabbed the car keys out of my pocket and walked down the driveway quickly, unfortunately Avery had followed me out of the house, her only being in a shirt and some pajama shorts.

"Tom c'mon, you know it's not like that with him I-"
She tried to finish before I cut her off

"Just shut up Avery!! Please!! Go cuddle with your new boyfriend, I'm sick of this shit, he seems to like you more than I fucking do!"

And of course, it started raining.

Our clothes were getting soaked now, but the rain only kept getting harder.

"What are you talking about Tom!? Bill isn't my boyfriend, YOU are!!"

"It doesn't fucking seem that way Avery!! The way he looks at you makes ME want to jump off a fucking building!!" I snapped.

"You know i love you Avery, but maybe I just don't love you as much as bill does. I mean you seem happier around him, you guys never argue, so why not be with him instead? He will be happy, you'll be happier, and me, who gives a fuck about me anymore, right?! I mean, I'm just the guy that saved your life, not my brother" I started laughing, though my eyes were filling with tears, and she was just standing there.

I looked down at my feet, that were now drenched with rain water.

"Maybe I should just leave."

I unlocked my car door and opened it, looking at Avery, who stood there blankly, before I got in.

I started the car and rolled the windows down, yelling to her before I pull out of the driveway.

"Go inside Avery, you'll catch a cold."

I rolled the windows up and drove off, sitting in my own silence.

Was this the end of it all?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'm fucking back.