A trip

This is after the guild disbanded and came back. Right after.

Lucy couldn't be more happy that her family is back together. She won't deny she hasn't been training to become stronger but until she finds Aquarius key, then she can't return to Fairytail. She won't be swept away by Natsu and the guild activities and lose focus on her key. The pain is too much to forget anyway. Lucy poured as she didn't even know where to start looking. Maybe she could head back to her home and look through her mothers things? It's a good start and her only lead so she grumbled with little to go on. Finishing her shake she pays Mira before heading out. She would write them a detailed letter knowing they would want to come along with her to find her precious key. Lucy felt the urgency to move faster to her apartment knowing they barge in on their own anyway. Maybe she can beat them there!
Lucy started to sweat drop at her thought and how this shouldn't be normal. She was seriously going to need to learn a barrier enchantment at least. Maybe she can practice a few extra spells during her search so she is still training? Lucy got lost in her thoughts and started to walk back instead of run like a crazy person.
To her surprise no one is in her apartment. Not wasting any precious time, "Virgo I beckon you to my side now pass through the gate." "Punishment time , Princess?" Lucy needs to seriously have a talk about that with her and soon. "No Virgo! Will you please pack my apartment for me? I'm going on a quest to find Aquarius so I won't be staying here anymore. I'm not leaving Fairytail, I'm just going on a personal journey." Lucy explains to her friend. Because they are her friends and her only true family. The only ones she can trust with her whole fiber being. Virgo smiles, "and then punishment princess?" Lucy groans at her question. "Virgo, no. Not this time." Lucy thought that maybe she would look into this. Turning on her heel she heads to her desk to write her guild a letter and a personal one for the master. Handing it to Loki to deliver, Lucy takes her single suitcase and walks out of the doors and to the train station.
Loki appears in masters office with two letters. "The biggger one is for you and the smaller one is for the guild." Loki doesn't explain after that as he disappears again. Makarov looks down at his letter and begins to read it.

'Dear master makkie

I'm not leaving the guild. It's a quest to find Aquarius. It's something I need to do on my own. It's something I need to do to heal the giant aching wound in my heart. I can't stay another second inside of the guild that I grew up in with her there by my side. And suddenly she isn't. It's like I lost my mother all over again. Only this time I can find her again. I'll be gone probably a year. I ask that you forbid anyone from searching for me to help. I need this master. I ask that you all respect that decision for I did make it to save you all. Give me time, it's all I ask.'

Makarov was crying by the end of it. He never realized the pain Lucy was in. It's been months since she lost her key. No one noticed. Drying his tears he takes the smaller letter and heads to the top of the stairs.
Clearing his throat loudly he gets everyone's attention,
' I have a letter from our celestial light Lucy.

'Dear Fairytail
I am going on a year personal quest. I do not want any of you to come looking for me. Please respect me as a fellow fairy tail member and a powerful one at that. I love you all, see you in one year. Hopefully I will have found her by then.'
Makarov announced for all to hear. "And I forbid anyone to go looking for her. I'm stepping my foot down on this one. Leave her be." He deepens his voice making him more serious. Makarov takes the rest of the night off as he sits down at the bar ordering some beer. He noticed both Natsu and Laxus join him at the bar. "Boys I mean it. Don't go after her." His voice serious but a silly smile plastered on his face.
Natsu growled angry, that's his best friend! Happy looks down at his father figure in an enraged state by Luce leaving. It confused happy, "but natsu why are you angry? We all left disbanded and left her after she lost her mother figure to save us all and no one said good bye. And we left for a year with a half written note not even saying good bye either. How do you think that made her feel. And still none of us has said anything to her since we've been back. Lushi needs her time away from us all. She needs to find her mother out there somewhere." Happy yells at him angry himself. Tears bursting from him eyes.
"You know what Natsu! I'm going with Lushi for a year. Don't come find me." Happy storms out of the guild with max speed to catch up the already leaving blonde.
Natsu and the whole guild froze in horror at his words. Since when did happy know things? Everything he said is true. They neglected their nakama. They always put her off since she was always smiling. However Luce always smiles even when she is getting the crap beat out of her. She keeps that smile on her face. Natsu looks at Laxus, "wanna go on a mission. Get some fresh air for a week or two?" The lightning mage grunts in agreement as the two snatch an S class mission and leave.
Makarov noticed a lot of members suddenly needing some time to think and the jobs were plucked clean. Mira and Makarov stared at the empty guild in absolute shock. A second later they smile at the sight, "say Makarov, how peaceful it is today." She pours him more beer. "They all took jobs in guilt of what they've done needing fresh air to think about what they've done and what they will do to make it right. He raised good kids.