Chapter 15: The Race

Ever since that day at school, ever since Izuku's return, ever since the challenge was made by the other students of UA, and ever since the alliance was made by Izuku, Mei, and Melissa. The students have all begun their training for the next week. Everyone from every class be it hero, support, or general. It didn't matter, the Sports Festival is the biggest stage that UA has to offer and all of them wanted to use the bright lights to their advantage. They wanted to make a name for themselves.

Danny began training in the gym, ruthlessly punching the bag with all sorts of combinations, weights everywhere on the floor. But he wasn't the only one. Shoto was training in his family yard, Katsuki was working out with Eijiro in a gym, Tenya was running laps on a race course, and Momo was training with some trainers.

Jiro was twirling darts with her earjacks, Mina spraying her acid on the wall, Ojiro was working on his fighting form, Mei was building new inventions that would help in the all three events and this time it wasn't about showing. It was about action for her.

Melissa was in the lab which was also her room and working on her sonic scream, it was nearly finished, but even with that it still wouldn't be enough to win. She had to know more, do more. Her dreams have become more violent, more vivid, more real. She started to wonder what they could mean for her. Melissa didn't tell anyone about her dreams, but it was getting harder and harder for her. She felt like she needed to tell someone, just one person. But who?

She couldn't tell Danny for obvious reasons, her cousin would instantly blab to All Might and then he would tell her dad, and then she would have to go back to I-Island. See, obvious reasons. There is Mei and she is her best friend, but knowing her she just might tell her to not worry about and just build something to take her mind off it. No, Mei wouldn't do it. There is someone and she knew that this person was the right choice because they just seemed to have a connection.

'_I think it's time Izuku gets another date anyway and this time I will choose where it will be.' _ Melissa smiled when she concluded the thought, she reached for her phone and called her boyfriend. Wait, is Izuku her boyfriend? If she asked him he would without a doubt say yes.

Melissa shook her head, they were not in a relationship...yet. They might get there, depending on how Izuku behaves himself. It's like baseball, Izuku is on first base.

First base being that they are just casually dating. Second base, they are both kissing and officially in a relationship. Third base, if Izuku is lucky is when they are kissing and touching...other stuff. Now, home base and this if Izuku is really, really, really lucky because home base is where the **real fun** begins.

But Izuku is not there yet, he has a long way to go before he gets there and time will tell if he can make it. Melissa snickered and dialed Izuku's number, she waited for the teen pick and while doing so she wondered what he was doing for training.

* * *

**With Izuku**

Izuku, like everyone else in UA, was training for the festival, pushing his already amazing skills even further. Now, he could've gone to the shooting range and done practiced shots, but since he became an agent of SHIELD he now had access to many new and cool toys. One of those toys is a training stimulation. It's not the danger room, but it's just as good.

Izuku was in a small base that was under the junkyard that Barton trained him at. The teen was in a dark room that had very little light, he stood in the center of the room with a tapped square around his feet. Izuku stood shirtless, wearing black sweatpants, and his shades covering his eyes. The teen had his trusty bow in his left hand and a quiver filled with arrows on his back.