Chapter 16: Capture the Flag

Silence, nothing but silence was in the arena. The arena where all of UA's best and brightest, the future of heroism, a stadium that allowed them to display their skill was silent. The silence was filled thanks to one individual, one person, one student, one archer. Izuku had told everyone not to underestimate, he told them not to sleep on him, but they didn't listen.

Now Izuku stood in front of the audience, the student with a victorious smirk on his face and guess what. This was only the first round. What other tricks does the teen have up his sleeve as the second round begins?

"So, what's next?" Izuku asked as he raised his arms behind his head, not worried at all by the glares that he was getting from the other students. Students that were supposed to be better than him and every way thanks to their quirks, but for this event he was victorious.

"How did you get here so fast?" The question was asked by Katsuki, and he was hot if his face could attest to it. Katsuki was pissed that he was lost to deku, but he wasn't the only one. Shoto, Danny, Melissa, and Mei could not believe that Izuku had beaten them. I mean they didn't even see him or hear him during the whole race. He was there at the beginning and then the next he was gone.

No one could understand how Izuku beat the other hundreds students, the only ones that knew were Owen, Nezu, and Inko. All three of them were SHIELD agents and knew of the ground bridge. It was the only way that Izuku could have won the race.

"Hmmm...That was for me to know and for you to never know. Now, what's next." Izuku told him and Katsuki was about to strike him, but Midnight cracked her whip when she saw that Katsuki was ready to attack Izuku. And even if he did the teen was ready to take him down again.

"Alright, enough! You two will be able to fight each other...if you make it pass the second event. Now, everyone looks to the wheel." Midnight pointed the wheel next to her that looked like something from a game show.

"Ladies and gentleman, let us spin the wheel of fortune to see what our competitors next test will be." Mic commented as Midnight gave the large wheel a spin that made it go round and round.

All the students saw many games on the wheel some were hoping that would land on their preferred one. There was Calvary, Domination, Search and Destroy, Dodgeball, 5 vs 5 Basketball Tournament. That last one was something that Izuku was hoping and praying for. But he got something that wasn't better, but just as good.

"The second round of the Sports Festival will be....**Capture the Flag**!' MIdnight announced and the crowd roared with approval and anticipation. The students smiled as well for their powers would do wonders for them in this type of environment especially after Present Mic explained the rules.

"The rules for Capture the Flag are simple, the student must capture a flag in order to advance to the torment round. There will be sixteen flags that will be hidden in the forest, the students' job is to capture it, but that is not all. They also make it back here with the flag in hand in order to make it to the final event." Everyone understood the rules and got ready, but Aizawa had something else to add.

"And since Izuku won the first round, he gets to pick the stipulation of the match." Izuku raised both his eyebrows and everyone looked at him. The students, the audience, and the cameras were on the surprised teen as he just thought about what he just heard.

"So, let me get this straight. I get to choose the rules of the match." Midnight confirmed his question with a nod, but Izuku still wasn't convinced.

"Can I tell them to do this with their arms tied behind their back?" Midnight nodded and the students began to sweat. They were worried for what the archer had planned for them, all but Mei and Melissa.