book cover

ᴛᴡ ɪɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

sapnap isn't annoyed, he's just confused as to why someone that he considered a friend has suddenly decided that he wants nothing to do with him and is avoiding him like the plague. he just doesn't understand why george is ignoring all of his attempts at communication and bowing his head when they pass in hallways and not coming to music anymore and-

okay fine, he's annoyed.

it makes it worse that sapnap has even started considering george's friends as his friends, and it's clear that sylvee must've spent a while with the group because she won't stop talking about them all and sapnap's pretty sure she has had a constant text conversation with sam ever since they met.

george's group either don't know about george's decision to avoid sapnap or they don't care, because all of them are still greeting him in the hallways or sending him tiktoks that he doesn't quite understand. they're acting like nothing has changed, so why is george acting like everything is different?

his annoyance grows and grows the more that george ignores him, but he finds that the cherry on the cake is seeing the brit walk straight past him with his friends and only being greeted by the four other males that he's joined by.

it makes his insides feel hot with anger, alongside an inescapable sense of something like guilt or sadness, upset that he's ruined his friendship over a kiss that never even happened.

his emotions get the better of him, and he can't help but follow after the group as they head towards their lockers, tensing his hands by his sides as he keeps a keen gaze on the back of the brit's head.

he worries if he's being dramatic or overstepping but, realistically, he's just wondering why his friend is blanking him- he doesn't think it's wrong to question this.

"can i talk to you?"

george looks over at sapnap, not even seeming surprised by his appearance or the question, and then glances over to where the rest of his friends are waiting further down the hall at their own respective lockers.

"about what?" he asks, even though it's blatantly obvious that he knows exactly what sapnap wants to talk about.

"why are you ignoring me?" he questions blatantly, leaning slightly against the locker beside george's as he crosses his arms over his chest.

the brit looks back at his friends again, seeing that they're all waiting for them now, and sapnap wants to scoff at the way george waves a hand in their direction as if he's dismissing them. he doesn't hate him anymore, far from, but he internally pretends to as he thinks about how the brit seems to think he's king of the world or some shit.

sapnap watches all of their confused expressions as they leave, and he makes the educated assumption that they must know just as little as him, if not then significantly less.

george looks back, shutting and locking his own locker and keeping one hand pressed against it as he asks, "why are you asking me this in the middle of the school hallway?"

"because i have no other way of talking to you," he easily answers, "you've ignored all my messages and you keep avoiding me in person."