adjacent

ᴛᴡ ɪɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

sapnap's focus is locked completely on his desk partner's work, watching the blond scribble in the corner of the page.

he can't tell if it's meant to be a picture, but it looks shit nonetheless. though, from what he's aware, dream has never claimed to have artistic talent.

the ravenette is half-listening to mr cooper talk but he's just rambling about some online software to help with their music which they all already know about. he's a nice teacher, but he's shit at keeping the class engaged and interested.

sapnap watches dream's hand still for a moment as the blond looks up towards the board and he nearly outwardly laughs at the way dream's face drops slightly in shock before he begins to rush to take down notes from the slide ahead of them.

he's rushing it, but sapnap isn't sure why since he can just copy the ravenette's notes any time.

it makes sense that dream wasn't paying attention, since sapnap has spent the last five minutes waiting for the blond to react to the fact that they have to do a pair project.

he sees the moment that the other processes it, eyes darting back to the board again as his lips part slightly with what sapnap assumes is some kind of annoyance.

sapnap shares the annoyance as dream looks back at him, the pair of them sharing quick sighs.

they're both quiet, smart boys, and with that comes the inevitable of doing all of the work when it comes to projects. it's even worse when it's partners instead of groups because teachers always think it's smart to partner up the cunts with the good kids.

"your partners are up on the board now," mr cooper announces to the class, sitting down at his desk as the class comes to an end. "we don't have any time today to get started, but i expect the first two points of work done before the next lesson," he says, earning himself a hidden eye roll from sapnap. "so i suggest you make sure you are able to communicate with whoever i put you with."

it's dumb that today is the start date but he's not giving them time to actually start, why couldn't he just introduce the project next lesson?

sapnap lets his gaze travel the board to find his name, feeling immediately worse when his eyes lock on the words, 'george d and sapnap a'.

sapnap hangs his head for a moment as he curses under his breath. he hardly knows anything about george, probably because the british boy never shows up to his lessons, but he's aware that he is someone who notoriously does not care about school.

sapnap thinks that labelling the brit as a 'bad boy' would be giving him too much credit for the dick that he is, but it's probably the most accurate way to describe him. all he knows is that george is not the kind of person you want to be paired with.

people start moving around him and sapnap belatedly processes the fact that they're being dismissed from the class.

he feels like he might be scowling as he shoves his stuff into his bag, standing when dream does and telling the blond, "i've been paired with george."