Chapter 5

The next five days slowly grew as hell for the exorcists, each one growing in trial. What seemed to be easy at first only became their worst nightmare. Sure, the finders were freed, but their sanity was left unspared. Each night, terrors awaited them.

For Allen, the woman visited each night, withholding the information he seeked.

Cross never again went to the paradise he expected, but instead to memories that pained him deeply.

For Lenalee, she saw only death, and death saw only her.

Kanda only grew in longing and sorrow. And so on and so forth.

Each day, they received a new piece of the key. By the sixth day, the thing was almost complete, just missing to part that unlocked.

As for the Noah, Road's guilt grew. It was small to begin with but easily became a rock in her chest. The Earl rejoiced in the success of his game and Tyki slowly but surely disconnected himself from the others. He wouldn't have their ridiculousness or fine tempers. None of that. Only the grief he bore secretly.

And the akuma, you ask? Well, you'll see.

***

***

"Hello.

"When will this game end?!" Lenalee yelled.

"When you complete the key." Sheryl smiled. He was standing beside Tyki and Road. Road didn't look very good, but she still continued to look at me with a smile. Tyki seemed to be very depressed and looked between the earl and Kanda.

"Why are you forcing us to be apart of this game?" Lavi asked.

"Why, to destroy the order.

"Why did you shoot?!" General Socalo asked.

"Hmm." Was his master's only reply.

"Now now children, don't fight

"Let us go!" Allen yelled, his mind and voice filled with anger.

"Why do you want to leave me?" Road asked. To him, it appeared as if though she couldn't bear the thought of parting from Allen in such a way

"Eh?" He asked. Road said nothing more and only smiled.

"What torture do you have planned for us next?" Master asked.

"You will see and it will be one you will definitely enjoy.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Allen questioned. The earl didn't respond and the noah and himself left, leaving the order to wonder what tomorrow was going to bring. Lenalee broke down into tears and Allen walked over to her.

"Lenalee, we will make it through this. It's alright." All Allen could do was smile and hope he cheered her up.

"I just want to go home." She sobbed.

"So do I." He sympathised, hugged her and allowing her to cry into his chest. Allen waited as she cried her fill and looked back up at him with red eyes.

"Are you alright now?"

"I am." She nodded. Smiling, Allen stood and offered her his hand; she took it and he helped her to her feet, carefully making sure she didn't fall.

"Hey, where did Yu go?" General Tiedoll asked. We looked around, but found no signs of him.

***

"What the-?!"Kanda exclaimed, a hand clasping tightly around his mouth. Someone whispered, hissed softly to him to be quiet. HIs eyes flicked around and he faintly saw the skin. Gray. Noah.