Chapter 8

Maria put her hand to her chest and began sing.

"One more fool in my garden-
One more fool in my heart!
One more fool, Oh that fool!
Welcome to the dark."

The vines of the garden began to writhe around and creep along the cobble.

"Lost is this weary sinner
Wandering round the beds
As the flowers themselves go full bloom
Their poison will find the fool dead."

They wrapped tightly around the ankles of the excorcists and dug their thorns deep on their skin.

"Two more fools in my garden-
Two more fools in my heart!
Two more fools, Oh those fools!
Welcome to the dark."

The excorcists yelped in pain and began to fight against the vines; Maria smiled and played with the key bit on her neck.

"I think a time-I dream a time!
Where love was but a rose.
But what a time! A sadly time
Only the fool knows."

"Maria! Stop! Please! I'm begging you!" Cross called as he wrestled the vine. She smiled sadly.

"One more fool in my garden
One more fool in my heart
One more fool, Oh I'm that fool!
Now go! Run! Be smart!"

She ripped the necklace from her body and threw it to the ground. The metal skidded across the stone before stopping at Allen's feet.

"Allen! The key!"

"Right!" He bent down to pick up.

"Go Excorcists! Hurry!" Maria stood at the base of the coffin and fell to her knees. "I cannot keep them at bay for long!"

The door appeared and they opened it. One by one, they hurried from the garden.

Cross looked to Maria. "I will not lose you again!"

He took her hand and dragged her through the door.

The sound of the ocean was beautiful to them then.

Author's Note
Wow! What a long time it has been since I've had a real update! Sorry this one sucks so bad. I, unfortunately, struggle at writing combat scenes. Please leave your comments below and I will try to get another chapter out soon!
If there isn't a new one by the New Year, please hound me about it!!! I owe you guys!

Lots of Love and Happy Reading!

Phantomauthor