Chapter 6

Brandon and Crys made their way to school in the morning yet again. It was two weeks later, and everyone was starting to get the hang of things.

"So, any nightmares last night?" Brandon asked.

"None, thankfully." Crys said. "You know, maybe you were right. Maybe I really was just seeing things from all the worrying."

"Well, I know it sounds a bit bad, but I hope so. I don't want to have to deal with any sort of villain stuff again."

"How does that sound bad?" Crys asked with a glance.

"I mean, saying it's a good thing that you were seeing things and such." Brandon explained with a little embarrassment.

"Oh that's fine." Crys said back, reciprocating the lighter tone. "I mean, I hope so too! I'd much rather be seeing things instead of it being real."

Brandon took a moment of quiet to let the topic pass before speaking up again. "You know, I was thinking about maybe heading out to the ice skating rink after school today." He said, a bit nervously.

"But you don't like ice skating." Crys pointed out.

"Well, yeah, I was hoping you'd go with me." Brandon added on.

Crys smiled. "Why would I want to not go with you?" She said.

"I don't know." Brandon said with a shrug.

"It's not like we don't hang out all the time anyway." Crys started to tease a little.

"Don't you ever get tired of hanging around me so much?" Brandon asked.

"Why? Are you tired of hanging around me?" Crys asked. She didn't sound worried, but she did drop the teasing tone.

"No, not at all!" Brandon quickly jumped to his defense. "I just, sometimes I get worried that maybe I'm a bit too much."

"Please, I like hanging out with you." Crys said with a smile. "Besides, you're not going to ice skate, so of course I have to go."

"Hey, I might try again." Brandon said.

"Really?" Crys said with a bit of excitement and a grin.

"Maybe." Brandon replied flatly.

"Well, I could help keep you balanced." Crys offered, going back to teasing. "You could hold onto me as we skate."

"Crys..." Brandon said sheepishly, catching on to the teasing. He blushed a little.

Crys gave a little laugh. "It's too easy to mess with you."

Brandon shook his head slightly. He enjoyed the back and forth with Crys. It was fun. "I love hanging out with you." He said.

"Me too." Crys replied with a grin.

The two of them kept making their way to school.

Later on during lunch, Crys was making her way over to the lunch table. Brandon, Tomas, and Emma were already there since she had been caught up for an extra minute or two. Crys was just peacefully minding her own business, at least, up until someone called out for her.

"Hey tough girl!" Called out a snob as Crys passed the table.

Crys stopped and looked over. She had the unfortunate pleasure of being right next to the popular kids. She could see Josh and Cheryl seated there, as well as the girl with the white streak in her hair. She could vaguely remember Tomas telling her her name last year at some point, but she couldn't remember. The rest of the table was populated by about six more of the popular kids, thankfully none of which had bothered her or the others... until now. "What do you want?" Crys asked, not very thrilled.