Chapter 7

Crys stirred in bed, slowly waking up. She groaned as she sat upright, steadying herself with one arm as she used her free hand to rub her eye. She gave a yawn, and then looked up and immediately was paralyzed with fear.

The man was back. He was sitting in the chair, gun thing in hand, and he was sitting still with a faint eerie smile on his face.

Crys scowled. She didn't say a word.

"How kind of you to take the time to join me." The man said, just as calm as the last time.

Crys thought for a moment about what, and if, she should say anything. As she thought, she recalled her phone sitting quietly next to her bed. "Care to at least tell me what time it is?" She asked, not hinting at her motive.

"Early." The man replied.

"How early?" Crys asked in reply, trying to stay at least somewhat in control of the conversation.

"Early enough to where it doesn't matter." The man said back.

"I think it does."

"What you think is wrong. Your gallivanting about with your boyfriend every other night is enough to prove that."

Crys narrowed her eyes at the mention of Brandon. He did know about him, albeit he was wrong about one detail. She wasn't going to correct him, though. The less he knew, the better. She hoped he at the very least didn't know about Tomas and Emma.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"To remind you that I am here." The man replied. "I couldn't just let you forget, now could I? After all, the start of junior year is quite stressful I would imagine, especially for a lycanthrope."

Crys kept scowling. "Stay out of my life." She said harshly.

"Unfortunately, I cannot do that. You are a threat, and considering you have been practically allowed to use this city as your personal playground, I have to step in." The man said.

"I'm not a threat." Crys spit back, furious, but restrained.

"You killed the most dangerous werewolf in recent history. You, at one point, had a cult devoted to you. You even had a robot try to take your place by using, shall we say, less than savory methods. Tell me again how you are not a threat." The man explained.

"I wasn't responsible for that cult or the robot!" Crys snapped back. "I put a stop to both of them to keep everyone safe!"

"It doesn't matter. People were placed in danger, and it was because of you. You go around and violently take care of criminals the way you see fit. One small mistake, and someone will either wind up dead, or a lycanthrope. We cannot allow that to happen."

"You think I'd ever want to actually hurt someone? You think I'd ever want to make someone go through what I did? I'd never make someone a werewolf and I'd never kill someone!" Crys retorted.

"You are a teenager. You lack the ability to properly reason and you let emotions control yourself." The man replied.

"Prove it." Crys said after taking a second.

The man gave a little satisfied laugh. "I don't need to prove anything to you. A fact is a fact."

Crys didn't reply, trying to think of something clever to say.

"Nothing more? What a pity. You were on such a roll, too." The man mocked. "Of course, it doesn't quite matter, now does it? It isn't as if I was going to tell you anything I didn't want you to know."

"So what do you want me to know?" Crys sneered.

"Not much." The man replied. "After all, everything has its proper time to be said."