Chapter 17

Crys woke up, being interrupted from her unusually sweet dream that she wished she could have finished. She sat up in bed and immediately the mood soured.

"What now? Need to try and get me to spell everything out for you again?" Crys said harshly.

"Oh no. Not at all." Seinhou said, too calm for comfort. "I have something much different planned."

"Like what?"

"You'll find out soon enough."

Crys noticed something different about Seinhou. She glanced down at his weapon and noticed it was something completely different than usual.

"Don't you worry about this. I would worry more about not making any rash decisions. Mistakes are costly, after all." Seinhou remarked seeing Crys' attention shift to the much bulkier gun in hand.

Crys examined the gun as best she could. It was almost completely gray, save for a clear vial with liquid in it that was placed in the top of the gun. It looked more like an injection gun than the energy-based one from the previous encounters. "Define mistake." Crys snarled.

"You fit the definition quite well on your own." Seinhou remarked.

Crys growled, extremely annoyed. "What. Do. You. Want?" She demanded.

Seinhou cracked a small, faint, smile. "I'll let you figure it out on your own, since, of course, you are oh so clever."

Crys glared at Seinhou with disdain. "Is that all?" She said through gritted teeth. "You come here just to taunt me and threaten me then leave just like always?"

"Of course not." Seinhou said. "I always have a greater purpose. You should understand that by now... or are you too dimwitted to listen to what I say?"

"Are you going to use that gun or not?" Crys asked flatly, wanting to just get this encounter over with.

Seinhou narrowed his eyes. "You are so consistently inconsistent." He commented. "Going from such stupidity to being rather clever. It is almost... bothersome."

Crys didn't care. She was clever, sure. She was stupid sometimes, sure. It didn't matter to her. She just didn't like being insulted. "And I somehow still manage to know more than you." She said slyly, trying to get the upper hand in the back and forth.

Seinhow clenched his jaw. "Only when it comes to your own activities... At least, for now." He said, making it sound like a threat.

Crys twitched. She didn't like hearing that. It worried her. She knew Seinhou could easily make good on that threat, especially considering how much he had invaded her life so far. "You going to start following me? Use that gun to put some sort of tracker in me?" Crys accused, her tone filled with hate.

Seinhou glanced at the gun briefly, then turned his gaze back at Crys. "If only it were that easy." He said with menace. "Unfortunately, if I used any of the easy methods, your guardian angel would just swoop down to your aid, and that would be that."

Crys narrowed her eyes. She had no clue what the gun was for, then. She couldn't even begin to think of what was in the vial.

"Of course, none of that matters regardless." Seinhou continued. "You're quite off the mark. I simply plan on testing you again."

"How? Plan another robbery?" Crys asked harshly.

"Testing you that way again would be fruitless." Seinhou replied flatly.

Crys kept quiet, waiting for Seinou to keep explaining. She was done asking questions that would get no answers.

"This time will be different." Seinhou kept saying after a moment. "And all you need to do is be yourself."

Crys furrowed her eyebrows. The last statement had caught her off guard. She didn't know what that was supposed to mean. She didn't have much time to figure it out though.

"Sleep well, werewolf. You have a busy day ahead of you. Don't let the bedbugs bite." Seinhou said in his sinisterly calm tone.

Crys felt the wave of exhaustion, then she passed out, completely helpless.