Chapter 11

The next morning, Crys and Brandon woke up to the sound of Brandon's phone alarm going off.

"Ugh." Brandon groaned as he woke up. Crys was still holding him. "Crys. We need to get up for school." He managed to say through his exhaustion.

Crys took a deep breath, then took her arm back to herself. "I wish we didn't have to." She said, just as tired as Brandon.

"Me too." Brandon agreed.

Neither of them moved.

"Hey Crys," Brandon spoke up, "if you didn't have a nightmare last night, why'd you come in here?"

Crys took a second to think of how she wanted to explain what she wanted to say. "I just wanted to be with you." She settled on saying.

Brandon didn't say anything in response, but he did hear Crys.

"I'm sorry if I'm too feisty at school." Crys added on.

"What do you mean?" Brandon asked, a little confused on the sudden topic change.

"I know I'm a lot nicer here than I am at school. It's like I get all fierce and stuff at school, but here, here I'm a lot more nice and close and uh..." Crys didn't know where she was going with that sentence.

"It's fine, Crys. I kinda understand." Brandon replied. "I mean, with Connor and Josh and Cheryl and all the fights and stuff, I don't blame you for being more feisty and stuff at school. Not being as uh, sweet as usual. Besides. It's school."

"I just wanted to be sure I wasn't getting on your nerves."

"Crys, I know how sweet you can be. So what if you're a bit fierce when we're dealing with a bunch of jerks at school... Well, maybe you could stop jumping into things before thinking it through, that would be nice."

"Like the stabbing thing?"

"That exactly."

Crys paused for a moment. "Well, thank you for letting me be with you." She said.

Brandon turned to look at Crys. She was smiling, sweet as could be. He gave a little laugh and blushed. "I like being with you."

Crys smiled to herself. "Thanks." She said again.

Later on on their way to school, Brandon and Crys kept chatting.

"So last night while I was out," Crys said, starting up a new topic in their ongoing conversation, "I wound up stopping another robbery."

"Another one?" Brandon said, a little bit in awe.

"Yeah. Two guys robbed this store over in the shopping plaza and started running. I just happened to be there, so I wound up jumping down and taking care of them. One of them said that they were paid to rob the place by some guy that they didn't know."

"Kind of weird. I mean, I don't get why someone would pay them to rob a store. It's not like there's anything super important down there. Maybe some jewelry, but why would someone pay someone else just to get something like that? At that point why not just buy it?"

"That's exactly what I was thinking!" Crys said. "And now we have some new thing to worry about. I mean, some shady guy paying people to rob stores? Just another thing to add to the list of things to worry about."

"Well, I guess we just have to wait and see what's going on with this as well." Brandon commented.

Crys sighed. "Yeah, wait and see. I hate waiting."

Brandon nodded in slight agreement.

"You know, maybe the news has a report on what happened last night." Crys spoke up.