page#2 unwanted shadow

I had been walking for about an hour through the alleyways.
Following the GPS on my phone to pick up something my dad had asked me to get unfortunately I had an unwanted shadow literally shadowing me.
"Remind me again why you're still following me?"
I asked him irritated but I don't slow my pace instead I keep my eyes on the prize turning a corner a damp street light underneath us as I stop under it suddenly.

Looking around for the structure that I'm supposed to be heading to
"An old abandoned church"
He said from behind me ignoring my first 'annoying'

He is towering over me looking onto the directions that eliminated from my phone squinting his eyes a little bit tapping my shoulder and pointing to the left.
"There short stack"

"Excuse me?" I gave a wide to toothy smile ""shut the fuck up bitch""
I hissed
"Also you didn't answer my question"

He gave me a belly laugh in return
"Relax short stack You seem like a lot of fun and tonight was boring now it is entertaining so I'm going to hang out with you for a little bit can't get rid of me that easily weeeell of course not that you could"

"Yeah yeah whatever"
I tried my attention heading over to the church as he followed skipping a few times behind me It honestly was kind of funny I tried my hardest not to laugh as he moved his pace in front of me looking through the window of the church doors once we arrived at its doorsteps.

Trying the door handle however it was locked.
"I guess the back door maybe?"
I don't give him time to respond as I walk around the back hopping the chain link fence easily only to find that the back door was also locked.
"Urghhh"

He chuckled form behind me
"Short stack you know I could just shadow portal both of us to the inside"

"Oh "
"Wait why would you want to be nice for no reason?"
"What's the catch?"

"I told you didn't I this is fun?"
"And what no one's ever been nice to you just for the sake of being nice and helping you out That's kind of sad really?"
Poking at my arm but I didn't reply keeping my head down.
"I-"
"I don't want to owe you so no thanks"
I huffed puffing out my cheeks.
Making him giggle.
"It's like talking to myself it's honestly kind of creepy "
"Shut your trap I'm tryi-"
"Ah this should do it "
Finding a rock near the overgrown flower bed tossing it in my hand a few times"

"Wow look at you trespassing onto sacred grounds"
He laughed .
He give me a very toothy grin.
His eyes glowing ever so slightly a purple haze in the shadows that casted over the church from the moon.
Making me shiver a little uncomfortable.
'Creepy'
I thought to myself.

Before changing gears again turning my face to him with the rock in my hand.
"Oooh noooo your riiiight this is so illegal I have to break in-"
"Just kidding let's break in!"
Sarcasm dripping from my lips.

Chucking the rock through the window , shattering glass as a stick my hand through the door to unlock it opening it as a head inside.
"The least he could do was at least unlock the door for me this is too much effort"
"Feels like..."

"A set up?"
He adds

"Yes"

"I'm supposed to pick up an artifact here that my mom had shipped here She wanted to add it to her collection of soul gems "

"Oh soul gems eh?"
"That's quite barbaric"
"Knowing the process it is to create one- did she make it or have it made?"

"Uh... She got the ingredients to make it if that helps with the explanation"
Walking through very eerie stalls or guests would usually sit walking up three small steps to the altar where an old cross set with rusty metal and old burned down candles wax seeping down the old podium.
A cabinet beneath with a padlock on it and a talisman.
"Guessing this is it"