Ch. 20-Eve

I hope you guys enjoy this! Please Comment and Vote on it even if you hate it. lol! Thanks a lot and I hope you enjoy everything.

**************************************

Son? Is this Harvey’s father? I look between Harvey and the man in the tux, and they definitely have the same nose and green eyes. I can’t believe I’m meeting Harvey’s dad. Technically Harvey’s been in my father’s ‘house’ but this is different. I take a step back from Harvey, but Harvey won’t let me go. I guess I’m staying.

  “Hello father. Wonderful surprise,” Harvey says politely. I can sense from his tone that Harvey is really annoyed. Why? These are just his parents.

  “I see that you have time to dance with beautiful young ladies, but none to call up your father every four months or so,” Mr.  Turner says. I see where Harvey gets his manners.

  “Yes well if you insist on being grandfather’s lap dog there is no reason for me to call you, is there?” Harvey asks. Mr. Turner narrows his eyes at Harvey and I’m sure he’s ready to chew Harvey to pieces. I tighten my grip on Harvey’s arm but there really is nothing I can do. This isn’t my fight. I can only help in the aftermath.

  “Now darling let’s not do this in public. We merely came over to inspect your date. Ms. Emma I believe,” Mrs. Turner says with a soft voice. I thought Harvey was over exaggerating when he said his parents were really young but it’s plain to see.

  “You can call me Ember Mrs. Turner,” I reply. Mrs. Turner smiles at me before patting her husband’s arm. Mr. Turner is staring at Harvey and Harvey is doing the same. I guess Mrs. Turner and I are on the same wavelength.

  “Father I could do this all night, but then that wouldn’t be fair to Ember. Unlike some people I know how to treat a lady,” Harvey says firmly. Mrs. Turner blushes and Mr. Turner snorts.

  “So your grandfather finally told you,” Mr. Turner says.

  “No. I’ve always known from the maids. That’s what happens when you leave your son with them to long. Of course you wouldn’t know any better since you were just kids yourself,” Harvey says. If I thought Mrs. Turner was blushing before, she’s a rose now.

  “Yes we were but we always will be your parents Harvey, and as your father I’m telling you to clean up your act. Someone has to take care of the company and you are my heir. Do you want to throw away everything your grandfather’s worked for? What about everything that’s made you so comfortable in your little bubble? Does this girlfriend know that we don’t actually have rights to that money like your last one?” Mr. Turner asks. Harvey’s last one was Christina. Is this why Christina’s parents don’t approve of Harvey? I look up at Harvey and he’s shooting daggers at his father.

  “She does now. Thank you for stopping by mother and father,” Harvey says before pulling me away. I barely have the chance to say goodbye. When I look back I see Harvey’s parents staring me down. Mr. Turner seems upset but Mrs. Turner seems hopeful. Why?

  “Would you like something to drink?” Harvey asks.

  “Yes please,” I reply and Harvey slows down. He’s taking deep breaths but is still being polite to others around us with a nod of the head and a quick hello. I try to follow in Harvey’s example but after the seventh time I realize that I really don’t being polite to so many people at one time.

  “Sorry about them. I wish you didn’t meet them,” he says.

  “It’s fine. They seem like nice people,” I reply.

    Harvey grunts before saying, “Tonight since they don’t want a scene. I wish they could get through their heads that I don’t want anything to do worth them.” Harvey may think he means that but has eyes show how hurt and confused he is by this.