Chapter II Grey-Valentine Meeting

Rain was pouring down over Racoon City the clock on the wall read 7:48 PM July 24th 1998, sitting at her desk was Jill Valentine a new recruit to the S.T.A.R.S team.

She was currently staring out the window watching the rain come down outside, the window next to her desk was open and she could clearly smell that earthy smell that only rain brings.

Jill was hoping for a case to come in not that she wanted crime to happen of course but she and the rest of her team had been on duty for the last few hours, maybe she shouldn't have gone to that diner with Chris this morning Jill yawned clearly showing how tired she was.

The only things that came through dispatch was a few misdemeanors that quite frankly her team were over qualified for.

As Jill sat there hoping for a case, her best friend and her team leader Chris Redfield & Albert Wesker respectfully walked through the S.T.A.R.S office doors discussing strange reports up at the Spencer Mansion up in the Arklay Mountains.

Jill had liked Chris instantly there was something about his all American persona that hit a cord with her she had tried and failed the last couple of months to get his attention she flirted with him nonstop to no aveil.

"So we're headed up to Spencer Mansion?" Chris repeated.

"Something about strange noises and people going missing up there on the mountain you mentioned Bravo team are already up there investigating but we have lost contact correct?"

"Yes" Wesker said bluntly, the tall blonde man always gave Jill the creeps it didn't help that he had an odd picture of bravo teams medic Rebecca Chambers in his desk.

"I want you ready in five we are wheels up in seven" Wesker said while making his way to the team's equipment room.

XXXX

8:20 just outside the mountain range.

"We will be there in t-minus two minutes" Brad Vickers Alpha teams pilot announced over the Comms.

"You heard the man I want a last minute equipment check we don't know who or what we will find down there but the leading theory is it's a cult that is abducting and eating hikers and any unfortunate soul who comes up this far" Wesker said to the rest of Alpha team.

At the same time Lincoln parked up round the back of the mansion. Getting out of the car he looked at his surroundings It was dark and the rain left the floor muddy, with every step Lincoln could hear squelching noises as his heavy boot took each step,

Lincoln looked up at the building he apluded Umbrella for their secrecy keeping a secret lab underneath the dilapidated building.

Lincoln then heard a noise coming from around the corner of mansion, when Lincoln turned around he saw a man who was munching on a body on the floor.

He could smell the blood from the body but it didn't smell like normal, the blood smelt wrong that was the only way to describe it just wrong.

Lincoln pulled his pistol out of its holster a Walther P5 Compact a gift for graduating from his training.

The man on the ground turned and instantly ran at Lincoln shrieking. The noise from the man startled Lincoln for a moment, the noise pierced Lincoln ears.

For that moment Lincoln was currently startled but not for long he then processed what was happening and thought it was either him or this man and Lincoln would choose himself every time he then unloaded three rounds into the man.

Once the last round hit the man he fell back and hit ground hard as blood splattered everywhere, Lincoln just stood there for a few moments the shock hitting him, that he had just killed someone.