Chapter XI Healing

October 1st 7:30 AM

The trio had landed in the middle of nowhere a few hours ago, just before the the helicopter ran out of fuel. Carlos managed to land it safely just off the side of a highway.

Jill and Lincoln decided to find a motel so they could rest and recover from the madness of the past few days, Jill also offered Carlos to come but he ultimately declined their offer.

"Thanks guys I do appreciate it but I'm going to go back to Mexico and forget about everything, I know I can't stop you two but don't do anything crazy" Carlos said to the duo as he extended his hand to them.

Lincoln took it and shook it. "Thanks mate I don't think we would have made it without your help bruv" Lincoln said as the two males nodded at eachother.

Jill just hugged Carlos which he reciprocated. "If you need anything just call and we will be there, I mean it" Jill said as she ended the hug.

The trio shared one last nod and smiled at each other as Carlos took off his tactical gear leaving him in just his black shirt and a cargo pants, Carlos turned his back to them and started walking in the opposite direction leaving Jill and Lincoln by the side of the road. The duo decided to walk in the opposite direction to Carlos, on instinct Jill grabbed Lincoln's hand and interlocked her fingers with his.

Lincoln just smiled at her and enjoyed how close she was to him, Lincoln knew once they had stopped and rested they would need to talk about that kiss he could still recall how soft Jill's lips were.

Jill was having similar thoughts as well but at that moment her mind was racing a mile a minute, why did she grab Lincoln's hand, what did his smile mean, Jill didn't want anyone especially Lincoln to know that he was one of her first kisses more importantly if they did get together he would be her first proper relationship.

Lincoln and Jill were still walking, both of their feet were aching from the mamath distance they had already walked it was currently 12pm according to Jill's watch, due to the scorching heat that was boiling the duo. Jill had taken off her blue tank top leaving just the white undershirt.

Lincoln likewise took off his now burned, scratched up red trench coat, he left that back with the helicopter there was no saving it unfortunately, Lincoln had taken off his grey long sleeved shirt as well due to how hot it was, Jill could hear her companion mumble something about shitty American weather.

Lincoln was currently holding his shirt in his free hand leaving him shirtless. Jill could see the man's perfectly sculpted abs glistening in the sunlight, it took everything Jill had not to droll over man.

In the distance the duo could see a diner on the side of the road with a least four to five cars parked outside. Lincoln let go of Jill's hand and quickly popped his shirt back on.

Jill and Lincoln used all the energy they had left to run towards the diner, it took the duo a few moments to actually reach it, as soon as they did Lincoln collapsed just outside the front door.

"Claire, Leon there is a funny looking man lying on the floor" a small voice came from behind them.

Jill and Lincoln looked up to see a small girl with blonde short hair, the duo also noticed she was wearing a red leather jacket that was clearly way too big for her.

Jill and Lincoln were shocked when Chris's little sister walked around the corner with a blonde haired man wearing a R.P.D outfit.

"CLAIRE!"Jill screamed running to the young lady Claire had barely anytime to react as she was engulfed in a bear hug by the older woman.

Lincoln got up from his prone position and looked at the group.
Claire noticed Jill's companion and left Jill's embrace and stormed over to the ashen haired man, before Lincoln could open his mouth he was slapped across the face by Claire the sound of it piercing everyone's ears, the force also left a huge red mark on the side of his face where Claire had slapped him.