Chapter XIII Veronica

26th December 1998

Quite a bit had happened in the last few months after leaving the motel, the group split up. Ada went on her own to track down some contacts that could help. Leon decided to join a secret task force called the Anti-Umbrella Pursuit and Investigation Team. From the texts he sent Lincoln every day apparently he excelled at his training, Leon did ask Lincoln to join him but he ultimately declined wanting to stay with Jill Leon understood and wished them both luck and any assistance if they needed it.

Sherry was taken into a government orphanage with Leon as her guardian keeping her safe by working with the Anti-Umbrella Pursuit and Investigation Team. Sherry was very disappointed that she couldn't stay with one of the adults especially Claire who she saw as a new mother figure, the little girl also saw Lincoln and Leon as uncle figures.

Claire decided to still search for her missing brother, Chris. Claire's search took her to a Umbrella-owned facility in Paris, where she was discovered and met with fierce resistance. Claire tried an impressive escape from the clutches of the hired soldiers, but it proved fruitless. Claire was ultimately captured by Rodrigo Juan Raval, an Umbrella military commander, and was shipped to the remote Rockfort Island facility.

Jill and Lincoln decided to rent an apartment in the town of Cambridge in England. Jill thought they should move as far away as possible to get away from Umbrella hoping they wouldn't follow them over the pond. Of course, Lincoln didn't object. One of the reasons they chose this city in a different country was to make it harder for Umbrella to find them. Lincoln and Jill decided to keep things the same and stayed in the same bedroom it's not like they havent been sleeping in the same bed for months, after that night in Pittsburgh their relationship was stronger than ever, Jill's PTSD had also completely gone since that night as well.

"You almost ready?" Lincoln asked as he sat down on the couch.

"Almost!" Jill's voice called through the bathroom door. In that moment Lincoln got a SOS text from Claire.

"Jill come quick it's really important" Lincoln shouted through the bathroom door.

Jill ran out as quickly as she could, her hair was still wet and only her bottom half was clothed with a towel around her chest.

"Babe what's wrong?" Jill asked, after nearly a year with Lincoln Jill could read him perfectly now.

Lincoln didn't say anything but showed her the text message. Jill read the text and her face dropped as well It read 'guys I'm in Paris looking for Chris unfortunately Umbrella are here I'm going to need you guys to help rescue me'

"We're going to go help right?" Jill asked staring at her boyfriend.

"Do you even need to ask" Lincoln smiled at her.

Jill ran over to their bedroom and found her usual attire of her blue tank, Jill quickly put on and returned to find her boyfriend in his usual attire as well. Jill as soon as they moved in found Lincoln's red coat while shopping for furniture she brought it on the spot, Jill knew how much the old version meant to him and how disappointed he was when it got damaged during the Racoon City incident.

Lincoln looked up and smirked seeing his girlfriend in her normal attire. Jill just rolled her eyes like he was one to talk he took that coat everywhere.

XXXX

Somewhere in the Pacific.

Claire awoke and found herself about to be interrogated she was tied by both hands to a metal chair the room and the chair were cold to Claire's skin, the rope that was around her wrists were starting to chafe. After a few hours of being interrogated by Umbrella that led nowhere, Claire is knocked unconscious by the guard using some sleeping gas that keeps her out for a few hours.

Claire awakens to the sound of explosions coming from outside her cell window. Claire notices that thanks to one of the explosion, Claire receives an opportunity to escape through the damaged wall.

Crawling through the broken wall Claire finds herself stranded on a Island. Once more when an inexplicable air raid hits on the island it wipes out most of the island's structures. Claire notices to her left a dead guard and next to him is QSZ-92 sidearm, she picks it up and checks to see if it's still loaded.

Claire decides to venture thurther into the Island, after a few hours of scouring the Island, Claire notices another inmate, the inmate identifies himself as Steve Burnside, Steve explains why he was also locked up.

He was a prisoner sent to Rockfort Island along with his father. Steve explained this was due to his father, an Umbrella employee selling the company's secrets at auction and umbrella sent them here as punishment.

Turning one of the corners of the prison, Claire and Steve come across the undead clearly affected by the T-Virus. Claire sighed "Not this shit again" Claire readied her weapon knowing what came next, Steve however saw the harrowing creature in front of them and decided to run the opposite direction leaving Claire high and dry.

Claire once again sighed at Steves action thinking to herself that it's going to be a long night as Claire put down the zombie in front of her she hoped that Lincoln and Jill got her text and were on their way she was glad the guards didn't notice her GPS tracker in her coat, now all she needed was to stay alive till they got here.

XXXX

Same time about half an hour away from the Island.

Jill and Lincoln were currently on their way to the Island in question Umbrella did a good job hiding as it wasn't on any current maps Lincoln called in a few favours and about a few hours later they were over Pacific in a cargo plane ready to jump out and rescue their friend from the Island prison.

The light in the cargo hold turned from red to green signalling that the duo were clear to jump, before jumping the couple double checked the chutes and then proceeded to free fall out of the plane.

Lincoln and Jill both pulled the cords of their chutes and in a matter of moments they found themselves on the islands docks, they could see a few boats still docked there and right in front of them the main building on fire and slightly demolished.

Lincoln and Jill hoped Claire was around here somewhere and also unharmed, Lincoln pulled out his signature Walther P5 Compact, as well Jill pulled out her Samurai Edge that was gifted to all S.T.A.R.S members apon graduation to their team.

All Lincoln and Jill could see and smell was the smoke coming from where the bombs had hit the prison. The couple really hoped Claire was ok and not injured or worse.

They just had to find her somewhere on the island.

Navigating through the labyrinthine halls, Jill and Lincoln were reminded of the Spencer Mansion incident the same sterile smell filled the air, they encountered hordes of the undead, using their wits and both their combat skills, they picked up from surviving two out breaks to evade the undead.

Lincoln and Jill fought their way to Claire's location, finding their friend trapped in a ventilation shaft that hadn't crumbled due to the extreme bombing, Claire was surrounded by at least a half dozen zombies. With swift precision and using some of his enhanced agility, Lincoln cleared a path for Jill.

Jill using Lincoln's distraction guided Claire to safety. With the friends reunited, they pushed forward looking for a way off this death island.