Chapter VII Rookies First Night

"The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, A hell of Heaven." The quote is attributed to John Milton.

Assorted chatter comes through a radio while a trucker eats his burger.

He mumbles about how good the burger is, while the chatter talks about seesaws.

The woman on the radio starts to say "A live-action version of Zootopia but they have fursuits!"

The man could hear the cast erupt into laughter.

The trucker mumbles to himself "Yessir! Love this driving!"

The chatter becomes indistinct as the radio glitches and shuts off.

The trucker places his burger down then proceeds to smack the radio hoping that will fix the issue "Aw, c'mon now! Fuckin' technology, made by the liberals'

The truck continues to drive through a rough storm "Fff- awww god damn it, triple-A batteries? Those are too small to run a radio! Oh no!"

The trucker is paying too much attention to the radio and doesn't notice the woman standing in the middle of the road. The truck then proceeds to smash into the girl, who then gets attached to the grate on the front of the truck.

"Fu- Shit! "The trucker slams on the brakes, and the girl stuck on the grate falls off. The trucker exits his vehicle to check on the girl's vitals.

" Oh god... Ma'am? Do you have insurance? Or a lawyer? Are you dead? That would make it a lot easier for me."He then bends down to check on the woman

"Hello? Oh shit, a wallet. Hope you got some valuables on ya. That'll - make my time a bit more worthwhile" he then proceeds to stand up and then sighs." Well, I'm gonna have to clean up my fuckin' truck. Looks like my Tuesday night just got a little more complicated."

The girl slowly stands up behind him with her head very askew.

XXXX

On the outskirts of the city a woman is riding her motorcycle. It's Claire Redfield, Chris's little sister as she rides a Harley-Davidson motorbike through the rainy street. We see the back of her red jacket with an image of an angel in a bikini, with the writing "Made in Heaven" above it. Claire tries to whistle but unfortunately she doesn't quite get it and ends up messing up.

XXXX

At the same time.

A man is driving his Jeep linto the town of Racoon City. The man in question is Leon Kennedy, a non uniformed Police officer, Leon on his drive comes across a body In the middle of the road, Leon then stops his Jeep and gets out to investigate it.

"What have we got here?"

A Man falls through a window outside the gas station next to him. He collapses to The floor only to rise again with an unearthly groan...

Back with the truck driver he enters his cab at the gas station. He is clutching his arm which is crimson with blood."That woman a maniac! Why did she bite me? And how come she didn't die from that head on collision"

Leon closely examines the corpse. It's very disfigured. "Man, what a mess! What could have done this?"

From a short distance down the road, several, zombies are headed
Leon's way! Barely able to stand, groaning and with rotting flesh
falling from their bodies, they stagger slowly toward a startled Leon,then produces his Gun out of sheer panic.

"What are these things?"

Leon by now is aiming his gun squarely at the undead mob."Alright, that's far enough! Don't Move!"