Chapter III Discovering The Truth

Jill, Barry and Lincoln just stood there for a few minutes in awkward silence something about this Barry character put Lincoln on notice he was clearly jumpy and he noticed a small bead of sweat run down the man's forehead Lincoln decided to leave it be for the time being it wasn't his place to get involved.

Jill asked Barry where Chris was.

"We got separated I think he's gone in search of Rebecca I heard him over the radio" Barry retoured.

"Who's this Chris? Are cheating on me super cop" Lincoln then pretend to faint before starting to laugh at himself.

Jill went to pull her pistol out of its holster "What did I literally say outside" Jill said clearly getting annoyed by the man's antics.

Lincoln just put his hands up in defeat "I know I know but can't a guy have a little fun we are in a very crappy situation you know with the undead trying to kill us" he was waving his hands about trying to get his point across.

"Your friend seems lovely Jill where'd you find him" Barry pointed at the ashen haired young man.

"Names Lincoln" normally Lincoln would be more energetic but he really didn't trust this Barry fellow so he thought best keep his mouth shut around him.

Jill quickly changed the subject suggesting to continue to investigate the rest of the mansion.

As time passed in the investigation, the officers and Lincoln soon found out much to Jill's annoyance that the mansion was part of a base operated by Umbrella Pharmaceuticals.

Umbrella USA were working on a virus which in this case turned people into those things in and outside, which Lincoln pointed out when they first met a few hours ago, Jill then gave Lincoln a quick glance only to see he had a shit eating grin again implying 'I told you so.'

A random strange thought popped in her head he was hot, his white hair was shiny and the stubble on his face suited him perfectly also he was built he may be more defined than Chris not as big but definitely more defined.

Hopefully this was just that a random thought she liked Chris dammit.

The trio also deduced that the zombies were in fact a result of the virus that induced a murderous insanity.

In further search of the mansion they ended up outside again Lincoln saw a nearby building it looked like a dormitory for the laboratory workers it looked abandoned and run down most of the windows were swinging off their hinges and rain looked to be passing through.

Upon entering the trio discovered it had been wrecked tables were thrown aside and there was clutter everywhere.

"Poor souls they didn't deserve this, to be turned into zombies" Barry mentioned as he went over to check on some of the bodies that were cluttering the floor.

"They knew the risks when they signed up for Umbrella do you blame the shark when it bites someone or do you blame the idiot who decided to put his leg in the water I know who I'm blaming" Lincoln said.

He started rummaging through some of the bodies he found a key card for the lab underground now those codes should work and he can wander around freely.

Jill found a secret door that seemed to lead underground the door had umbrella's massive logo on it.

The trio then decided to descend into lab everything was white from the walls to floor and the only thing they could smell was bleach.

Lincoln noticed that everytime Barry passed a computer he decided to stay behind for few moments.

Lincoln called him up on it but Barry just waved it off as his age and needing to rest.