Chapter XIV Veronica Part Deux

Lincoln, Jill and Claire were standing in what the trio could make out was what was left of the cafeteria, tables were all skewed or in some cases upside down, there were few bodies laying around the room clearly dead.

The trio heard a knock coming from the door on the far end of the room. Barrelling through the door was Steve Burnside, who Claire recognised from earlier that night, he was a prisoner just like her.

Claire explains that the nefarious corporation Umbrella are up to their old tricks and have been conducting illegal experiments on prisoners, turning them into the mindless undead. The situation has become dire, as the infected prisoners have now outnumbered the surviving inmates.

Jill and Lincoln devise a plan to navigate through the labyrinthine corridors of the prison while avoiding detection by both zombies and the armed guards if there are any who aren't infected. Their goal is to reach a hidden underground tunnel system that leads to freedom to the helipad Lincoln noticed upon arrival.

"I'm just hoping that the chopper is still there if not we're fucked" Lincoln commented.

As they made their way through Rockford's darkened halls, tension rose with each step the quartet took. The sound of shuffling feet echoed throughout the corridors as zombies lurk behind dark corner.

The three friends were quick thinking and used their array of combat skills to fight off relentless attacks leaving Steve to cower in the corner.

Along their perilous journey, they encountered Alfred Ashford over the prison's PA system. The group discovers that the man seemed to be mentally unstable as a result of him switching between two personalities-his own, and that of his twin sister Alexia whilst taunting the group.

"Fucking great we're stuck on island with a fucking dickhead who thinks he's is sister." Lincoln throw his arms up in exasperation.

"Babe it's fine we survived the mansion and Nemesis we can get through this" Jill said squeezing her boyfriends right hand with her left giving him a reassuring smile.

Lincoln was starting to get really fucking tired of this whole zombie thing he should of never took that job back at the Spencer Mansion but then again he would never meet his new friends or Jill.

Time was running out as they kept facing countless obstacles - collapsing ceilings, locked gates, it didn't help that it seemed Steve was infected by the virus and was slowing down the rest of the group.

As noted the groups original plan was to locate a helicopter and fly to safety. However, luck wasn't on their side as they stumbled upon the abandoned hangar only to find no helicopters available. Disappointed and desperate, the group were about to lose all hope when their eyes fell upon an unexpected sight - a rusty old seaplane.

Lincoln scratched his head and said with a chuckle, "Well, it's not exactly the sleek getaway vehicle we had in mind, but hey, beggars can't be choosers!"

Jill rolled her eyes playfully at her boyfriends comment and replied, "Oh sure! We'll just fight off zombies on land and now we'll have to deal with them in the water too."

Steve chimed in with a grin and said, "Look at the bright side! At least if we crash this thing into the water, we won't have to worry about zombies anymore."

Claire, always the voice of reason among them all, cautiously inspected the seaplane. "Alright," she said skeptically. "Let's see if this old bird can still fly."

With teamwork that would make even the most skilled mechanics proud (or at least amused), they managed to get the seaplane up and running. As they taxied towards open water with groaning zombies giving chase on land, Lincoln couldn't help but crack a joke.