Chapter 26

Ben POV

My sleep was disturbed when Bumpy made a loud noise which made me screech. Then Y/n wakes up because of my screech, I see her rubbing her eyes. We both get up and do the same things we did yesterday. We went to the berry bushes to eat, we went to the river to drink and Y/n cleaned her wounds. When we get back to our little shelter Bumpy goes and lays down where we should be laying down. I sigh in annoyance and Y/n just looks tired. We go and sit in the same spots and hope that sleep comes quick.

We repeat this over and over and over again.

Bumpy wakes Y/n and me up.

Berries to eat.

Water to drink and clean.

Sleep in the most uncomfortable positions because of Bumpy.

This is slowly driving me insane. The only thing or should I say person keeping me from breaking at this moment is Y/n. But she doesn't event know I love her, I haven't even asked her. Who knows how much longer I can last like this.

Today as we walk back from the river I see Bumpy go and almost lay down. I glare at her and shake my head slowly meaning 'no'. But she slowly lays down and goes to sleep. I can't do this another night so I yell "NO! BUMPY!" Which startles Y/n and Bumpy. I run up to Bumpy and try to push her out of the way. I try every way I can think of to push her out but she won't budge. "When did you get so heavy?" As I continue pushing her I hear Y/n speak, "Ben I don't think you should be doing that. Ben! Stop she might push you back!" Just as she said Bumpy pushed me back causing me to fall back destroying the shelter. I gasp in shock and get up in anger and go to see if the shelter can be salvaged. "No, Bumpy! Bad girl!" She just looks back at me. Y/n and me try to salvage the shelter when I feel Bumpy, "No!" I yell.

"No! Go away! I'm mad at you!" I continued yelling at Bumpy. "Ben please don't scream at her she's just a baby, she doesn't understand" said Y/n trying to calm me down as she grabs my arm. I just look at Bumpy and see her staring back, this infuriates me and I take my arm from Y/n grasp. I start screaming at Bumpy for her to go away. Bumpy whimpers but I don't care and I continue screaming at her. Bumpy whimpers again and runs away from me to who knows where. It sounded as if she was crying, I feel Y/n grab my shoulder. I turn around and push her to the ground even though she is taller than me. I continue screaming my head off in anger and frustration. I stop screaming and look around only to see that Y/n isn't with me. Where did she go? I sigh, I guess she went to see where Bumpy went. I turn to the destroyed shelter and go to fix it.

~Time Skip~

It's been hours and Y/n hasn't come back. I sit under the shelter with my head in my hands. I start feeling guilty for screaming at Bumpy and pushing Y/n to the ground. I sigh "I'm sorry, Y/n, Bumpy. Please come back." I get out of the shelter to see if their back but their still not back. I realize that I'm alone. "Y/n? Bumpy?". I get up and start running and searching for them. "Y/n! Bumpy! Where are you? Y/n! Bumpy! I didn't mean it! I DIDN'T MEAN IT! Y/n, Bumpy, please!" Then a what I assume is a compy comes out of a bush and I scream and run back to the shelter. I get to the shelter and grab a branch to be a weapon. Then my stomach grumbles, I'm hungry but I don't want to leave the shelter. I sigh I have to go and eat.

I get up and walk slowly with the branch in hand ready to hit anything that comes close to me. I get to the berry bush and start eating frantically and afraid. I don't feel safe without them, then a compy appears and I scream in fear. I start running away from them and go towards the river. I kneel down and drink but my moment of relaxation is ruined when I see more compies watching me from the rocks. I gasp and grab the branch and slowly walk away and run to the shelter. I lay down where Bumpy would and regretting my decisions. No comfort, no warmth, just me here alone. I look at the ground and see Bumpy's footprint and I place my hand on it. Tears start falling from my eyes as I start sobbing. I hug myself since Y/n isn't here and I continue crying till nighttime comes and it starts storming and raining hard.