Chapter 37

Y/n POV

Kenji had had turned off the Yacht's engine while we waited for Brooklyn who was dangling from a rope, to finish patching the hole at the side. We all looked down as she placed a final piece of tape and said "All done, pull me up." Once we pulled her up, Darius explained, "We need to fix that hole or the gas will be the least of our problems." Kenji climbed down to us and said, "I thought having no GPS was the least of our problems." Yasmina chimed in, "Yeah, and not to add to the doom and gloom but... " the yacht shakes, "we're also sinking." Kenji tries to play it off, "Nah, we're just riding low in the water 'cause of, uh...", he turns to Ben who is trying to comfort Bumpy.

I heard Ben whisper to Bumpy, "Don't listen to him. You're perfect the way you are." I don't think Kenji meant it that way, then again Ankylosaurus are quite heavy and she's very much grown since hatching. He turned to us and asked, "Isn't there a dock that isn't infested by dinos, that we can get to?" Brooklyn looked at the map, "The closest one is on the other side of the island. We'll never make it. We're doomed and gloomed." This isn't promising, suddenly Kenji yelled, "Ha! Hold up! There is another dock not far from here. A private dock that's not on any map. The dock near the P-house!" We all look at him, that was an unfortunate name for a building.

Kenji realized his wording, "My dad's penthouse! There's a private pier and everything." This sounds to good to be true in this island. "And you're just now telling us this?" asked Yasmina. Kenji looks away, "Okay, well, maybe I forgot. But now we have a magic keycard to get inisde so..." I had completely forgotten about that keycard Brooklyn found. Darius spoke, "That penthouse could have everything we need." Kenji adds, "We'' have everything we need. My dad loves boats. He's got all sorts of nautical junk." Everyone except Kenji, Aleem, and I chant, "To the P-house!" I just grimace at the sound of that. Kenji just laughs unenthusiastic about this, I wonder why?

~Time Skip~

The yacht screeches to a halt as it slides against the dock. I look a the fuel tank, it had reached red. "That's it, the last of the gas" said Darius. Kenji walks to him and cheers, "Totally worth it, 'cause you're about to see the most exclusive spot on the island." After we docked off, Kenji managed to miraculously find five segways in working conditions. Of course it wasn't enough so Ben, Aleem and I rode on Bumpy as we followed them to the penthouse. "At the penthouse we travel in style. It's only a short ride away. Cool, right? Thanks to B's magic keycard opening every door on the island, I'll finally get to show you guys my home away from home!" said Kenji. He proceeds to ride in circles around us as he also spins. What does he mean by 'home away from home', I wonder?

We all gasp and halt as we see a Monolophosaurus hiding in the greenery. Kenji backs up, "Um..?" Aleem answers before anyone else, "That's a Monolophosaurus." Darius adds, "They're loners, always keep to themselves." Darius continues forward as Kenji yells, "Then onward! Paradise awaits!" As Bumpy continues forward, I glance at it and see it look at us. I squint my eyes, I could swear I saw another one in the distance, but it must have been a bush. Much further we end up seeing a tall building that reflects the sunlight brightly. "Pretty cool, right? Wait till you see the inside" said Kenji smirking. Once we stop outside of the building, Darius scopes and says, "Clear. We get in, get what we need, and get out."

The three of us get of Bumpy as Ben brings her near a patch of grass, reassuring her that we're there. Ben stands up and talks to Kenji, "No offense but it's not really her kind of place." Kenji snaps back, "No offense but she's an 8,000-pound dinosaur who will totally trash my pad,-- so yeah, totes not happening anyway." Ben frowns but I place my hand on his should, "Don't worry... Rich people and pets usually don't mix... especially a big one." Brooklyn manages to open the door with the keycard, and we were met with stairs and a non-functional elevator. After a not so glorious trek up the stairs, we finally made it to a door. Darius questions, "How do we run from dinosaurs every day and we're still this winded from taking the stairs?" Kenji responds, "Sorry, if the elevator was working, opens up right inside."

As we looked inside this place looked clean and pristine, definitely the opposite of us right now. I grimace, why must everything be white, it won't be so clean looking afterwards. "I'm not dressed for this" said Sammy. Kenji walks forward, "Welcome, friends to casa de Kenji! Who's up for the grand tour?" We all ran, basically ignoring him but he seemed fine with it. I kinda tuned everyone out as I ran straight to the bookshelf, this is bound to have something interesting. Aleem chuckled as he walked towards me with a bag of purple chips, I happily grabbed them. I am a bit ashamed but I greedily ate them up, what can I say snacks are scarce.

Aleem also got some expensive water from Kenji and I basically drank all of it, this was so pristine. I gasped as I saw a book written by Alan Grant himself, I squeaked as I grabbed it and read everything it had to offer. I was a massive fan of what happened to him and his work. To imagine everything he has experience when all of this had barely started to scrap the surface of bringing back dinosaurs. Aleem taps my shoulder as he shows me a booked called, "God Creates Dinosaurs." I couldn't believe my eyes, this was written and published by Ian Malcolm. I grabbed it and began reading it as well.

Aleem POV

I smiled as I watched my sister giddily read those books, though I'm a bit envious. But I could just read them after her, I hope. But then I heard Ben say something as he surveilled us, he said, "Look at them. They've all gone soft." My smiles strains as I heard that, I know we want to get out of here but we can have a little fun, I'm just glad Y/n didn't hear that. Sounding like a supervillain. He proceeds to scream, "Hello! I thought we were supposed to be searching for gas?! A patch for the boat?! A GPS?! Any of this ringing a bell?!" Kenji spoke, "Dude chill. Have some water. Your not yourself when your thirsty." He tosses one at him, and I can tell that he enjoyed that water. I saw that Y/n had finished reading the books somehow and she handed them to me as I read through them.

Y/n POV

I heard a thumping sound outside and looked out the balcony, only to see Bumpy slamming her tail into the ground. This wasn't good. "Guys! Something is up, Bumpy is distressed" I said. Everyone went to the balcony and Ben said, "She only acts like that when she senses danger." Kenji walks up and says, "I'm sure it's nothing." Darius spoke up, "We can't risk it. You said your dad has a portable GPS up here?" Kenji rolls his eyes and says, "Yeah, somewhere, but I didn't even show you the hot tub yet. Sixty jets!" Ben walks pass Kenji and says, "I'll go down to the garage. If there's gas or something to patch the boat with, that's where it'll be." Yasmina and Sammy also went with him, I decide to also go with them. "You're coming?" I asked Aleem, he shakes his head. "I'll stay with them, I want to finish reading this. Don't worry I'll follow after."

The four of us walked through the dark hallway. Ben spoke, "Glad to be outta there. So much marble, gold, and... comfort. That's no way to live, am I right?" I strained a smile, "Well...", Yasmina cuts me off as she says, "You've been in the jungle way too long, dude." Ben stops us all as we hear a thud, "Did you hear that?" We looked around the corner and see a door with a circular window. We walked towards it. I tried to look inside when suddenly, something jumping causing be to back up. It started to bang the door, as I noticed it was a Monolophosaurus. Sammy yelled, "How did they get up here?" Yasmina responds, "Does it matter?" Ben told us, "Back to the penthouse."

We ran another corner but noticed the shadow of another Monolophosaurus. My eyes widen, why are there more then one? We stood still not knowing where to go, I started to look around. I looked up and saw a vent, "Look." I pointed at it and we all knew what we had to do. The three of us lift Sammy up first, then Yasmina. After they grab me and lastly we lift Ben up. We began to craw away from them, but I cringed at the sound of the metal bending under our weight.

Aleem POV

After I finished reading the books, I started to help Darius and Brooklyn look for whatever we could find that was useful. "A compass! It's not a GPS, but it'll do" said Darius. Kenji tried hyping it up bit we don't need extra information at the moment. Then we heard growling, great dinosaurs managed to get in here. It sneaked it's snout through the door, Kenji loudly asked, "What is that?" Which caused it to try to run in, Darius, Brooklyn, and I run to the door and try to keep it from entering. Kenji came after and we successfully managed to close the door. Suddenly the door splinters as I assume the Monolophosaurus clawed at it. Kenji tried to complain about it but Darius shuts him down, "We get it, you're rich! Just keep the door shut, so we can barricade it!"

Brooklyn and Darius ran to get anything to barricade the door. I stayed and helped Kenji keep the door shut. They managed to push a couch onto the door, but the Monolophosaurus keep pushing at it. "Guys that won't hold up to long!" I yelled. Brooklyn saw the elevator and screamed, "The elevator!" Kenji responds, "That's definitely not working!" Darius gave him an answer, "We can climb down through the shaft!"