Chapter 2 - The Airport

Lily's point of view

After the long and painful argument argument with Jack, I'm sitting in the airport waiting for them to call me to board. I'm heading to Anaheim, California, I'm moving in with Trevor.

Knowing that Jack and I are somewhat okay now, I feel a lot better. Moving across the country, without him, is going to be rough. I'm still not entirely sure of what I'm going to do in Anaheim. My phone dings besides me, ripping me away from my thoughts.

                                                                                      Z 🦆
How did everything go?
Well hello to you too. Went horrible.
What happened?
What do you think? Genius
Okay attitude. Assuming
you argued?
ding ding ding. Got it in one
Moving on
When do you board?
1:45. Got another 30 minutes
How long is the flight?
What is this? 21 questions?
Just answer the question.
I'm picking you up, remember?
Little over 6 hours
Sweet. See you later L
See you later Z

I turn on my favorite playlist and start reading. About ten minutes later, they start calling us to board. Guess they wanted to get ahead of schedule. Not complaining.

I send Jack a quick text letting him know I'm boarding. He responds almost immediately with "Okay. Be safe". The family doesn't know that I'm moving. If I told them, they would have tried to talk me out of it.

I spent most of the flight sleeping or reading "Beach Read" by Emily Henry. It's been so good so far, I'm about halfway through it. Sleeping makes everything move quicker, so in a short few hours we landed.

I text Z letting him know that I'm grabbing my bags, and he tells me he's out front waiting. When I've got everything, I start walking to the front. I see him almost immediately. I drop my stuff and run up to him to give him a hug.

"Well hello L!" He says laughing.

"Hey Z. You have no idea how much I've missed you, or how much I appreciate this." I say smiling wildly.

"It's no problem, really." He says smiling. I just smile back at him.

We make our way to his car and load everything up. We start the drive to his apartment.

"So, I didn't tell you this, but my teammate lives with me.." He said quietly, which is rare.

"Who is it?" I ask shocked.

"Jamie Drysdale." He says.

"Trevor Zegras."

"Lily Grace. He's just my teammate. He's quiet and he hardly leaves his room for anything other than food and hockey. I promise. It'll be fine." He sys laughing at my reaction.

"It's not that. You know what I thought about him in his team Canada days or how Jack would react if he knew I was staying in the same house as him. This is not going to end well." I say staring at him.

"Lily. It'll be fine. Jack already knows that Jamie lives with me. He was okay with it. And as for how you felt about him, that's your fault" He says laughing at me still.

"You better shut up and you better not say a word to Jamie." I say staring at him blankly.

"I won't, I promise. Anyways we're here." He says proudly.

We get out and start bringing my stuff up to his apartment. Once we have everything, I moved it all into the guest room and began unpacking. When I was almost done, Trevor knocks on the door.

"Come in."

"Want to watch a movie with me?" He says smiling.

"Oh sure. What movie?" I say quickly.

"The Mighty Ducks. We're watching all three tonight." He says still smiling.

"That fits. I'll be out there in a minute, just let me finish this." I say smiling.

I walk out of my room and I see Jamie. I stop in my tracks. Trevor just looks at me and laughs, Jamie turns around and sees me. He stands up and starts walking towards me.

"Hey, I'm Jamie." He says sticking his hand out and smiling.

"I'm Lily" I said returning the gesture.

We all sit down and start watching the movie. I sit in between Trev and Jamie. When the movies end, I go to my room to get ready for bed.

"Goodnight Lily." Jamie said to me smiling.

"Night Jamie." I say smiling.