Chapter 27 - New Years Eve

Lily's point of view

This is always my favorite time of year. New years eve. For multiple reasons: the snow, the excuse to drink, midnight kiss, the partying with all of your friends, celebrating the old and welcoming the new.

We've been setting up for the party since roughly 10 this morning. The guys decided to invite some of their friends from their teams, but i got to invite some of my friends too. Speaking of which, they just got here.

"Caroline! Diana!" I say as i give them both hugs. "You two have no idea how much i've missed you." Caroline has beautiful long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Diana is the opposite, with dark brown hair and deep brown eyes. She makes everything she does look effortless.

"Hey!" Trevor says coming downstairs. I've always thought he had a thing for Caroline. Jack is quite the opposite with Diana. They can't stand each other, but i'm sure that'll change eventually.

"Hi Trevor." Caroline says smiling at him. Jack comes to the door as well.

"Diana, hate to see you. Looking rough as always." He says. I mentally roll my eyes.

"Jack, annoying as always." Diana says. They both come in and carry their bags upstairs to the guest bedroom. They come down and we eat a quick lunch. Once we're done, we all start setting up for the party. It starts around 7, so we still have like 4 hours.

"Hey Lily, i have a question." Caroline says. It's just us girls in the kitchen right now.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Um is Trevor single by any chance?" She asks. Oh my god it's happening.

"Yes he is." I say smiling at her.

"Okay, thanks." She says. She's got this dopey grin and a slight blush on her cheeks. It's adorable.

"I can set you two up if you'd like." I say to her.

"Oh my god please do. That way I don't have to listen to her babble about how hot he is." Diana say. I laugh at her statement.

"Shut up." Carolina mumbles. Trevor and Jack walk in at that moment.

"Who are we telling to shut up?" Trevor asks. I see Carolines face turn bright red almost immediately.

"O- uh- just Diana." Carolina struggles.

"Thank god. Her voice is like nails on a chalk board." Jack says.

"Oh yea? How's that missing tooth going for ya." Diana says.

"Still got a better smile than you." He shoots back.

"Aw you wish." She says. "At least the Canes didn't get knocked out of the second round." She says. Going for the hard core shit apparently. Diana is originally from North Carolina, so she's been a die hard Hurricanes fan.

"Oof deep. That one had to hurt." I say. Jack just rolls his eyes and walks out. Trevor and Diana start laughing.

"Not funny!" He yells from down the hall. Which makes them laugh even harder. Caroline and i join in after his comment too.

"Hey have you seen Jamie?" I ask Trevor. "I just haven't seen or heard from him in a while."

"Im pretty sure he's napping." He says.

"Ah okay. Excuse me ladies, i'm gonna go grab him. I'll be right back." I say to the girls.

"Take your time." Caroline says. I go upstairs and turn into my room, and find Jamie absolutely slumped.

"Jamie." I say, slightly pushing him.

"Hmmmm." He groans. I laugh slightly.

"Time to get up. You been asleep for a while, i think." I say. I hadn't heard from him since around noon, and it's 3 now.