Chapter 24 - Christmas Day

Lily's point of view.

I wake up to Jamie's alarm going off. It's 9 in the morning. His family likes to wake up early so they can spend extra time together. I personally think it's cute, until I'm involved. I want to go back to sleep.

Jamie is already sitting up and trying to wake me up. "Lils. Come on. It's Christmas!" He says. I can't help but smile at his excitement.

"I'm getting up." I say. I roll out of the bed and walk towards the bathroom so i can brush my teeth. Jamie follows me in there. When we're done brushing our teeth we get changed into Christmas pajamas. His idea but i still think it's absolutely adorable. I fall in love with him more and more everyday.

We walk downstairs and see his family already sitting on the couch. Jamie and I take a seat at the end of the couch. "Well if you two don't look cute." His mom says happily. Jamie and I smile at her. She hands Jamie and Charlie a card. Jamie opens his, and it's a gift card to a hockey shop so he can buy whatever he might need. She then turns to me and hands me a card.

"Oh you didn't have too." I say.

"We know, but we wanted too." She says smiling at me. I open it and there's a 100 dollar bill and the card is signed by his whole family.

"Thank you guys." I say looking at everyone. After that, his mom gets up to start breakfast. She mentioned something about breakfast burritos. I get up to go help her. "Anything i can do?"

"Nope! This is a fairly easy breakfast so you go enjoy your downtime. I know y'all leave tomorrow." She says. We do leave tomorrow. I almost don't want to. It's been amazing here. His family is so kind, and calm. Meanwhile, my family is the definition of chaos.

I go and sit down with Jamie. He wraps his arm around me, and i lay my head on his shoulder. "She didn't let you help, did she?" He asks.

"Nope. Yesterday was the first, and i'm assuming the last, time she let me help." I say.

"Yea she likes running the kitchen. It's nothing personal." He says.

"I know. I feel bad. I'm a stranger and i come in, steal their son, and eat all their food." I say.

"I'm gonna stop you right there. You're not a stranger, you're my girlfriend. You didn't steal me. They want you here, and they are more than happy to give you all of the food in the world." He says.

"Where's your dad and Charlie?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"They both got up to go do something, but i don't know what." He says.

"Oh." I say. He and i just sit in silence for a few minutes. Not one of those awkward silence's, but a comfortable silence. We're just enjoying the alone time. His mom comes in a few minutes later and tells us breakfast is ready.

"Are you ready to get home to your family?" Gary asks.

"Yes and no. I love them, and i miss them. But, i'm going to miss the quiet. Everyone comes home. Like Cole, Trevor, Alex, all of my brothers, extended family, and some of my little brothers college friends are coming too." I say.

"Who are Cole and Alex?" Charlie asks.

"They're my brothers and i's best friends. Jack met them through the USA development program, and they've all been close ever since." I say. "With how much time i spent with my brothers, they all ended up becoming my friends too. There's definitely never a dull moment with them."

"Trevor is friends with Jack right?" Charlie asks.

"Yep! Trevor was the first person i talked to about moving. Trevor and I are probably the closest out of the group, besides him and my brother." I say.