Capter 5 - Lover Era

Jamie's point of view

Yesterday was an interesting day. I fell asleep in Lily's bed. I wake up, and we're cuddling. I was already awake when Z came in, but she was still sound asleep in my arms. I remember that whole conversation we had.

—————
"What is happening here?" Trevor says with a big smile plastered on his face.

"To be honest, I don't even know. Last thing I remember, she was reading her book and I was laying down to take a nap. Her bed is more comfortable than mine dude." I say looking at him.

"Yea I know it is, I picked it out for her. Back to the original topic, do you like herrr?" He asks dragging out the r.

"I mean, kind of? I don't know." I say truthfully.

"How can you not know?" He asks.

"Her brother, Jack, is not my biggest fan, I felt it every time we played them. Besides, she probably isn't interested in the slightest." I say starting to get sad.

"I can promise you, she is." He says laughing slightly.

"What do you mean?"

"She told me not to tell you, or anyone, but she was interested in you when you played for Team Canada. Until we played you in the tournament. But even then, she was all crazy eyes about you. Like she went to every Canada vs USA game, just for you. No joke. She told me that, all the time." He says laughing at the memory.

"That doesn't mean she's interested now." I say looking at him.

"She is dude. You can tell by the way she acts around you. She hid behind you this morning, for a reason." He says.

"Yea to get away from you." I shoot back.

"Nope, because she wanted you to protect her."

"Oh" is all I can manage.

"You idiot." She starts moving in my arms. She rolls over and now her face is buried in my neck. "Looks like she's waking up, we'll finish this conversation later. You have the job of waking her up."

"Got it. Not easy, I'm assuming?" I ask.

"Not even close." He says as he walks out.

She wakes up pretty easy for me, I get up and walk into the kitchen so she can do whatever she needs to do before coming out.

————-
I doubt today will be anything but interesting. It's 10:30 and she's still in her room. I heard her shower earlier, but i didn't want to bother her because she was probably reading again. I think that's all she does in her free time. That, or bother Trevor. Speaking of which...

"Hey J." Trevor says walking into the living room. "Watcha watching?"

"Just reruns of last nights game. They're dragging the Hurricanes pretty hard." I say still looking at the TV.

"Yea, they should be. How are they going to lose to the Panthers?" He says sitting down next to me. "Wanna play some Chel?" He asks.

"Sure why not. Just don't get mad when you lose." I say laughing.

We get everything ready, and just as I'm sitting back down I hear Lily's door opening. I can feel Trevor staring at me and my face starts heating up. She comes and sits down next to me, a lot closer than Trevor is.

"What are y'all up to?" She asks looking at the TV.

"Bout to beat Jimmy boy at some chel." He says laughing. I slightly smack his arm.

"No you won't Z. You struggle to get two goals per game." I joke. She laughs at that. I could listen to her laugh on repeat.

"Oh yea? We'll see about that." He says as we start the game.