Chapter 18 - Hurting

Lily's point of view.

Trevor and Alex made it back with some food, and Quinn was talking to the doctors. Jack has texted me telling me that they're getting on the flight now. I decide that I'm gonna just listen to music for a little bit. It's been a rough day all around, so i fall asleep again on accident. Trevor wakes me up and informs me that Jamie is asking for me.

"He can wait. He's got Hayley to keep him entertained." I mumble, putting my headphone back in. Trevor takes one and puts it in his ear, sitting down next to me.

"You're really not gonna go talk to him?" He asks me.

"There's no point. He couldn't look me in the eyes. I said my peace, so from here on out we're just roommates." I say, leaning into him so i can go back to sleep. He lays his head on mine, and we just sit like that.

——————-

I wake up to suddenly being dropped. I groan, and realize Trevor moved. I cuss under my breathe, and realize my other brothers are here. "Jack! Luke!" I say giving them both hugs.

"Hey Lils, how you holding up?" Luke asks me.

"Hanging in there." I say. I turn to Jack. "I broke up with him."

"So he did?" He asks me. All i can do is nod my head. "Where is he?"

"Let's handle that when he gets out of the hospital. For now, we need to make sure he's not dying." I say.

"Okay. Can we at least see him?" Jack asks.

"Yea. Follow me." I start walking, Trevor standing right next to me. He takes my hand in his, trying to calm my nerves. I give him a slight smile, before we walk into the room. "They wanted to see you." I say before leaning against the wall again.

"Hey guys." Jamie mumbles. I zone out, not listening to their conversation. I realize I'm still holding Trevors hand, and I immediately drop it. I look up and see Jamie staring at where our hands were, then his eyes flicker to me and then Trevor. His face contorts into a hurt one.

I scoff and just look out the window. My nerves were through the roof, that's all that was. Trevor just trying to calm me down. Why does he care anyways? He's too into Hayley to give a shit. Luke notices my nerves picking up again, and he wraps his arm around my shoulder as we both look out the window.

"Lily, i just wanted to let you know Ava and Griffin are coming out too." Trevor tells me.

"Okay. When do they get here?" I ask.

"About an hour." He tells me.

"Thank god." I mumble. It's weird being in this room without being next to him. It should be me, not Hayley. Maybe breaking up was the wrong move. Jamie seems to have read my mind, as he's looking at me with a reassuring look. I just look back out at the sky.

"You okay?" Turfs whispers to me.

"Not really, but i gotta pretend i am. He's Mr. Perfectly Fine over there and I'm Ms. Gonna Be Alright Someday." I whisper back.

Turcs just nods his head in understanding. I see Jamie and Hayley looking at me. What do they want? They can have their perfect ending, i just need them to leave me alone. "The fuck are you looking at?" I ask her.

"Get out. No one wants you here." She says.

"In case you've forgotten, this is my family. You just so happen to be here because you're with him." I say looking over at Jamie.

"We're not together." He mumbles.

"Shut up." Her and I say at the same time.

"I don't have time for this. Jimmy, make her leave." Hayley says to him.