Chapter 35 - Here We Go Again

May 9

Lily's point of view.

I wake up and i see my hand in someone else's. I look around and then my eyes land on him. "Who are you?" I ask the man, growing very confused. I recognize everyone else, but him. His face seems to lose color. Did i hurt his feelings?

"Um Lily, do you know where you are?" A doctor asks.

"Im assuming a hospital." I say.

"What year is it?" Nico asks.

"2022. Why are you asking me that?" I ask growing even more confused. "God my head hurts."

"Lily, sweetheart." My mom starts. "It's May, of 2023." She tells me.

"What? No it's not." I say. I try to get out of the bed, but it's difficult when you feel like you have two tons of bricks on top of you.

"No, you need to stay in bed." The doctor says. He turns to my family. "This amnesia is common with head injuries and car accidents, she should be fine in a couple of days - maybe weeks."

"What do you mean car accidents? Amnesia? What's going on?" I ask panicked.

Luke turns to me. "You were in a car accident this morning. The force of the car hitting you, the airbags, and whiplash, it knocked you unconscious. You have a severe concussion." He says. Quinn finishes his statement.

"You also have a broken arm, hence the cast, and you have a fractured knee cap." He says.

"You're very lucky that's all it was." The doctor says.

"Yea except i apparently don't remember anything for over a year, i have a fucked up knee and arm, and my head feels like someone has hit me with a bus. Not to mention the room is spinning, and everything is loud. So yea, im oh so lucky." I say angrily.

"Lily, listen very carefully. You'll make a full recovery. You need surgery to fix your knee cap, but other than that you'll be okay." The doctor says. "I know it's hard to now, but you need to think positively. Give or take a few months, everything will be back to normal."

"Except i don't even know what that normal is! I don't know who he is," i say pointing to the man in the corner with dark hair, but he looks strangely familiar. "I don't know where i was going, i don't know anything right now! How am I supposed to think positively?!" I say.

"I know it's hard now, but on the bright side, you're injuries are a lot less serious than they could have been." Jack says. The doctor seemingly walked out of the room while i was ranting.

"I just want to go home. I want my bed, my blankets, my clothes."

"You'll be discharged in two days, as long as there are no complications with the surgery. Then they'll have your documents transferred, and you can go home with Trev and Jamie." My mom says.

"What?" I ask. "No i live with Jack. Unless that's something else im forgetting." I say growing irritated again.

"Yea um," the guy in the corner starts. "You moved in with me and Trevor in June." He says.

"Oh wait, you're Jamie Drysdale right?" I ask him. Thats where i recognize him from. The Ducks and the guys' days in the IIHF tournaments. He nods.

"Uh yea i am. Im Trevors rooma-" he starts but Nico cuts him off.

"And he's your ex boyfriend." He says.

"Wait, what?" I ask, growing confused.

"Thanks Nico." Jamie says glaring at Nico. His face softens as he turns to me. "But yea, i- i am your ex boyfriend." He mumbles looking down.