Episode 17: Taking flight

It had been a month since we had stopped the hunters but things weren't going the best way. The group has been arguing a whole lot lately. All about plans about the island. I however had to find that mystery person who helped me and get them off the island too. We all agreed on a raft but in typical movie fashion we did not have luck on our side. We started cheering, joking and looking at Bumpy roars at us from the island. I looked down. Then I heard the water draw out and a wave the size of what looked like a mountain crashed down on us. "Well..." I was about to say when the wave crashed on us. I turned into Scorn and began to move away with the others trying to grip onto my slippery skin. I think I forgot to mention that I was losing my connection with the group, even Brooklyn. It may have been my feral side but I found out I had a different view on lots of things than them, drastically. With Brooklyn it seemed we were just friends now and she started keeping away from me. Whatever we had seemed to fade away. It was horrible to know what could happen. Sometimes it just sucked to think like a human does. Al and Scorn had talked about this with me in our dreams. Al had said he saw this coming not too long ago. Scorn tried to comfort me. Eventually I blew it all off and would just accept the fact and deal with any pain that came. I was not so fragile anyway. We finally got back onto land and I led the way back to camp. No predator dare came to attack me. "Bumpy, were back." Ben said and she came up to him roaring happily. He hugged her. 

All the people on this island had one way of always infuriating me. Kenji was bragging and always did his dumb acts. Brooklyn and Yaz always argued. Yaz was always reserved and quiet and Brooklyn was sometimes very extra. Sammy was always too positive. Ben bragged about  defeating Toro a lot and being an all nature boy. Darius didn't really even have a problem since he was team leader but some of his acts seem plain stupid. Everyone was arguing about the next plan again. I needed space. "Guys, I'm going to take a walk. We also need a way to look high up and get a bird's eye view of the island." I told them and excused myself. I was finally free and began to go around to the watering hole again. All the usual animals were here. Rexy and the baryonyx duo weren't like usual. I went to Blue. She turned to me. "I thought you left." She said. "We had trouble." I said and turned into Al. "I never did thank you for saving me, so thank you." I said. "You are welcome, you should be thinking of the one I brought you too." Blue said. "Speaking of her, I can't find her." I said. "If you go through the tunnels you might find her again." She told me. "Thank you." I said and began to go down to the tunnels. They were dark and had that red glow like usual. 

I walked around and made my way to the lab and smelled the air catching a scent. I followed the scent and then had to turn back to myself again. I then had to just trust myself. I was enjoying this as if it was a friendly hunt. I then lost that joy when I ran into a dead end. "Keep going forward." Scorn said and so I did. I then pushed another hidden door. "Got her." Al said and I saw the girl before me at the wall shrouded in darkness. I brought out my tail and spikes and all that after being stuck in me for months. I knew the others feared me for what I had, always thinking I would lash out on them one day. The girl came into the light of the red glow. She had feathers instead of quills. She had a longer tail than mine that was also more flexible. She had brown scales and amber eyes. Her hair was black. She was 6 feet too. "You're like me?" I asked. She nodded. "What is your name?" I asked. "Everything you need to know will be on that computer." She told me. Thank you." I said to her. I booted up the computer and did a search for social networks but there was none so I brought up the offline document about this girl.  

The document explained a lot. "After the escape of project Alpha two more volunteers were sought and out and already had a child. This new one was female and very different from Alpha.  After dispatching her parents we began our test. We found out that she had brown scales, feathers, amber eyes. We made sure to give her different forms then Alpha too. It is safe to say that what happened with Alpha will not happen to Omega." It finished.  "Omega, I am sorry. I am the reason you are here. I will get you off this island." I told her. "Good idea, she is much better than Brooklyn." Al said out of nowhere. "Shut up!" Scorn yelled. "Do not blame yourself, you had no clue it would happen. I also don't want to leave. This island feels like home." Omega said. "I see that, if you need any help then, send me a message." I said to her tapping my head. "I will." She told me and I began to leave. "By the way, I can hear your other voices in your head. You can't hear mine yet." She mentally told me. "Okay, I have things to learn it seems." I said. "I will show you." She told me and I left. I turned into Al and ran around till I heard screams from above. "I'm gone for a while, they do what I said and then get attacked." I snarled and ran up the mountain. Dimorphodons were roaring at me. I roared back and even ate one. "Flying pest." Al said. I charged them through scaring them away and getting the others to safety. I turned back to normal. "Get down and get to cover." I told them and they ran down and tripped a few times going down the steps at such fast speeds. I then looked into the air and saw more dimorphodons attacking Yaz and Brooklyn on a hang glider. A new sensation took over. I began to collapse and lose consciousness. 

"Finally." A new voice said.

A new quetzle form took to the skies

A new quetzle form took to the skies. The flight was difficult. He had to get back and then catapult himself into the air and then he would glide upwards. He flapped and then came across the glider. They were tearing at it. He pecked at them and even snapped a neck and swallowed her whole and then he grabbed the glider and landed down. Throwing it. "Too bad the gliders are gone now." Yaz said. "Thanks Alpha but did you have to throw us that hard?" Brooklyn asked. He roared at her. She backed away and then Alpha came back.

"Ow, what happened." I said. "What do you mean, you just roared at Brooklyn." Yaz said. "No I didn't." I had no memory of that. "We did not do anything." Scorn said. "What form was I in?" I asked. "You were flying." Brooklyn said. "I must have a new form." I said. "Learn to control it." Brooklyn said. "You know how difficult it can get trying to do that? I don't know how many forms I even have in me. You don't know what I am dealing with everyday." I yelled at her. She and Yaz were stunned. "You okay?" Al asked. "I will be fine, it's not even you guys that's messing with me." I told them. Yaz then walked away. "Alpha, this thing we have going on isn't working. I think it's best we end it now." Brooklyn said her way of breaking up with me. This was a shock but one I could see a mile away. "Very well then." I said and turned to Scorn and walked down the mountain. I got to the ground and walked away from the others. "Alpha, where are you heading?" Darius asked. I did not answer and just walked to the watering hole. The only place not tampered with by humans it felt like. A place of peace everlasting. It was more empty today. I walked by the baryonyx duo that were here today. "Where is everyone?" I asked. "You haven't heard?" Limbo asked. I shook my head. "Something deadly is making us all hide and we can't see it or stop it." Chaos said and drank some water. "Don't worry, I will stop it." I said. "Good luck then." Limbo said to me. I nodded and began to wade in the water. Too bad there ain't no fish. "Having feelings as complicated as humans sucks." I told Scorn and Al. "We can feel it too." Scorn said. "It's gonna be okay." Al said. "Thanks guys." I told them. "Can we please talk to the bird brain now?" Al then asked. "Yeah, I want to talk to him as well." Scorn said. "Lets go then." I said and went to sleep under a tree.