Episode 38: Deceiver

Kenji and his father embraced in a tight hug. "I thought I lost you." His father said. "I made it thanks to them." Kenji said and motioned to us all. We all introduced ourselves. "Hello to you all, my name is Mr. Kon." His father said. "Um, can the robots maybe back away?" Yaz asked. "Of course." He said. He pushed a button and they moved back. "What do you do here?" Sammy asked. "We study the dinosaurs and use what we know to help them and us." Mr. Kon told is. "Really, your employee over here caused us to do a whole lot to survive, nearly killing us." Darius said. "Along with Pierce and trying to kill me with raptors." Mae said. "You did what?" Kon turned to Kash and glared. "It was necessary, boss." Kash said. "I don't allow employees willing to kill on my island." Kon said and prepared to fire Kash. "Screw this." Kash said and used the tablet to control the BRAD X army. Kash had a smug grin on his face. I snarled at him. Kon rolled his eyes and activated a failsafe. The BRAD X turned on Kash. This included the hack we had for our BRAD X turned to normal. "Escort Kash away." He told two of the BRAD X's and they took him away as he struggled. I smiled at that. "I'm sorry about Kash, I will get you all the medical supplies you need and you will be able to head home soon." Kon said. This was great news. We were taken away to the compound.

We all gained individual rooms but me and Omega agreed to go to Gamma. "Can we trust him, he is the head of Mantah Corp and I don't think Kash would have access to everything." Omega said. "I sure hope so, he could turn out to be more cunning than Kash. Kenji may already be a part of him since he is his father." I said. "So we just keep an eye out for now." Gamma said. "For now." I said. Eventually we regrouped with the others and began to eat some food. Kon walked in and looked at us. "Hello children, it's going to be quite some time before you can go home discreetly." Kon said. "Oh." Sammy said. We were disappointed. "Kenji, walk with me." Kon told his son. Kenji walked out with his dad. "Let's go see Mae." Ben said and we left to go see her. Sammy and Brooklyn split off though to find something. Most likely secrets. 

Once we arrived down there and spoke with a loopy Mae Darius went to feed the big sister of Junior. SHe groaned weakly. Darius tried to bring food to her but she didn't eat anything. Darius sighed. I walked up to him. "She doesn't want to eat unless she's with her sibling." I told him. He nodded and walked away. I followed back to Mae staring at a spoon. Before long we came back to the lounge. "How's Mae?" Brooklyn asked. "Okay, what did you two find?" Darius asked them. "Nothing." Sammy said when Kenji walked through. "Guys, I have bad news." Kenji said. I tilted my head. "What is it?" Ben asked. "My dad is continuing the dino fights." He said. I growled. Of course he was like any help we might get, corrupted by personal gain. "We can try and convince him otherwise." Brooklyn said. "Key word, try." Omega said. We went to tell Kon to not do the fights by showing him a different side to the animals. We brought Junior over and she reunited with her sister. They nuzzled each other. "They don't have any way to keep away from us, I can't risk this." Kon said and commanded a BRAD X to fire at them. "No." Gamma said and jumped to take the hit. "Gamma!" Me and Omega shouted and ran over to him. We held him up. "Gamma, you okay?" Omega asked. "Been better." He said. He had a burn mark on his chest. "With our healing factor it will take a few days to heal, you should rest." I told him. He nodded. Junior growled at Kon and walked away. "You really care for these animals, I'll stop the fights." Kon said. Gamma sighed. I carried him back to the lounge and we sat around. 

Night came upon the island and the others were asleep. I wasn't. I kept thinking if Kon was lying or not. He was crafty. Then I looked at Gamma and thought that the bolt he took for the T.Rex sisters could have taken him out. I closed my eyes and listened about it. My forms had become rather quiet. "You guys there?" I asked. "Yes." Scorn said. "You guys have been quiet for a while." I told them. "We are in a mindspace with Omega's and Gamma's forms living a life of our own. You can use our forms of course but we are not gonna be around as much." Thel explained to me. "I'll miss you guys." I told them. "We ain't gone completely." Al chuckled. "Alright then." I said. Omega woke up and looked at me. "Do you hear that?" She asked. I listened out and heard voices. It sounded like Kon and Mae. "Yeah." I replied. "Let's check it out." She said. I nodded and we went through the door and used our claws to climb up to the roof. We crouched down and looked down. "I am very sorry about Kash, he will be severely punished if he tries to kill you again." Kon said. "Wait, again?" She asked. "Yes, I have given him another chance." He said. He held up a tablet about the T.Rex brains. "Fascinating research you have. This will be useful for Mantah Corp. You will work with Kash on a new project." Kon said. "No, I can't work with him." Mae said. "You will or those kids you're so fond of will be harmed." Kon said. His friendly persona faded to his true and cunning self. "Fine, I'll do it." Mae said. Kon smiled. "Good." He said. Me and Omega sneaked back in. This was not good. "That fight is gonna happen." Omega said. "We can warn the others at first light." I told her.