Episode 28: Desert trials

As we exited the cave we went into a desert. "What?" I yelled. "Aren't we on a tropical island or did I just hit my head?" Sammy asked. "What is this place?" Omega asked. "Do you guys see that?" Ben said. He pointed out a shiny metal object. "I see it." I said. "Should we go to it?" Darius asked. "It could be water or a way that tells us where we are." Brooklyn said. "Let's go then." Kenji said and began to walk down the rocks. "No, you should all stay here in the cave where it's raining and cooled off. I will find this thing." I told them. "No." Brooklyn said. "She's right, you already fought a mosasaurus and saved us. You must be tired." Darius said. "Can you fly over and get to it?" Kenji had brought up. "I wish I could." I said. "This island doesn't let us." Omega said. "Not yet." I snarled. "We better get moving now." Ben said. We all began to travel the rocky desert that was blazing.

We traveled for a bit and were already sweaty, tired, and hot. Water would be really helpful. "It's hot." Kenji complained. "We are travelling in the desert and you complain about that." Brooklyn said. "Yeah, we can do something about that." Kenji said and made some goofy noises. I looked back. I then continued the lead. I then stopped as the wind picked up. "Hide! A sandstorm is coming." I said. The sandstorm came out of nowhere and hit hard. Kenji and Brooklyn fell down a cliff. Darius, Ben, Sammy, and Yaz got separated from us. Me and Omega held tight to each other as the sand kept hitting the rock and covering over us. Our heads ducked and eyes and mouth closed. A grain of sand hit my wounded eye. I groaned. The sand began to hit my bare back that I'm sure was sunburned. Abruptly the sandstorm stopped. We rose up shaking the sand off. "You okay?" I asked Omega. "Yeah, you?" She asked. "Never better." I said bluntly. "That was weird." Omega said. "Agreed, I want to figure out what's happening." I said and we began to travel along the desert again. "Alpha, I know you want to protect us and me more than anyone else but we don't need you always risking your neck for us." Omega said. "I know. I just can't lose any of you. I promised to get them home and you to eternal safety." I said. "How are you so brutal but so sweet?" Omega asked whilst laughing. "You tell me." I smiled at her. We then smelled something. Water. We rushed off. When we arrived we saw the others there. A pipe was spouting out water. Already it had made a pond. I sighed and went over. "Nice of you guys to finally show up." Yaz said. "We took the scenic route." Omega said, jokingly. We then began to drink from the water. Even lay in it. "Look, berries, just like the ones from Nublar." Ben said. Red berries on bushes beckoned us. As we began to eat Ben freaked out.

"Stop! Don't eat them. What if they look like the ones from Nublar but are actually poisonous?" Ben asked. "You okay?" I asked him. "I dunno. Everything is different." Ben said. The sun began to set and we made a fire. I then climbed a tall rock to keep a lookout. Omega joined us and the others roared at the sky like tribal people. The night began to get very cold. We huddled for warmth. Omega almost asleep. Far off though I swear I could see a kid. A small boy. A wave hit us and my mind screamed. "Finally!" Scorn said. "Stupid island locking us away." Al snarled. "I'm going to kill whoever caused that." Frost said. "First we would have to find them." Dawn said. "That a kid?" Cyclone asked. "Yes, get him." Thel said. I turned to Cyclone and stretched my wings. It was nice and the nice and cold wind moved past. That's when Omega got up. I took off and then to my surprise she did too. She then turned into an argentavis. 

She looked beautiful

She looked beautiful. Like her other forms. As we flew over to the boy we could see his features. He had more hair. Shorter claws. Sharper and larger canines. A mane. Another like us but a mammal. Me and Omega exchanged looks and then dove down in front of him. He was hurt. Limping. Concern took over us both. He was much younger than us. About 7 years old by the looks of it. He panicked and turned into a saber tooth. 

"Wait!" I called out to him

"Wait!" I called out to him. Omega darted forward and got in front of him but he jumped over. I turned to Al and cut him off. "Hold it, we are good." I said to him. I turned back and so did Omega. "I don't remember any other experiments. Did you escape?" The boy asked us as he turned back to his regular form. "From a different island, we can help you." Omega said. He looked at us warily. "Okay." He said. Lots of surprises on this island it seems. "I'm Omega and this is Alpha." Omega explained. I nodded to the boy. "I'm Gamma." He told us. "Do you know Wu?" I asked. "No." He stuttered. I snarled. That meant more people had his power. "We have some friends that will help us leave the island, it's only a matter of time." I told him. He smiled and hugged us. It felt like he was a son in a way. I had no problem with that. "So what did you name your new form?" I mentally asked Omega. "Shriek." She said. "My form is named Saber." He mentally said to us. We smiled at him. Our forms began communicating. We then saw the others cheering as a saber tooth ran away from them. "You guys are beginning to have a lot to handle." I said to my forms." They laughed. Thel didn't and Cyclone gave more of a huff. 

The next day came and after explaining Gamma to the others we had found the metal piece. A leg of a robot. Kenji then walked into an invisible wall that turned into a door. We went through. "I hate this place." I said and walked out the other side.